My "new" to me LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after drooling over 100 series for the past six months, I came across this vehicle in north Florida dealership. Its a 2011, black exterior with cream interior. The deal was way too good to pass up, since I planned on buying a 100 series and a more modern vehicle as a primary form of transportation. When I sat in the 200 series I felt like the car was modern enough where I could spend more money and kill the idea of having a second car.

So far I have put on about 3k miles. Just today, I changed out the engine oil, filter, and air filter. My first mod was a Fumoto valve which I just installed today. I do have an oil filter cartridge from a Toyota Venza on the way, so I was unable to install it today.

I took it off roading (Florida ruts and muds) twice so far and I'm pretty happy with what it can do, as a stock vehicle. I do not plan on lifting it or adding bigger tires for at least another year or so. The car pulls better than my 2019 Tahoe, which surprised me.

The negatives I have with this specific car is that it is a high milage, about to hit 190k. I know it is not much for a Land Cruiser, but still. The car also has rock chips on the front bumper due to highway miles from the last owner. The vehicle was driven approximately 30k a year, all highway. The car was also involved in a small accident where it was McGangbanged between two cars. I obviously checked out the work done and I was unable to observe any issues. The vehicle was owned by the same owner for additional three years and it appears they took pride and joy in it.

I don't have many photos of it but for now this will do

IMG_20200523_212016_225.jpg
20200528_152556.jpg
20200528_152545.jpg
20200601_185010.jpg
20200601_181736.jpg

I have been using this website for the past three weeks of ownership and research and I hope that I can contribute to the knowledge as the time goes.

Congrats. And welcome. My first LC was a black 2011 that I bought last year with 105k on the clock. It gave me a great intro to the vehicle and I put 20k miles on it in a year. I just recently upgraded to a 2020. Great truck. Welcome.

Ended up driving up to Land Between The Lakes Recreation Area in Tennessee Kentucky border area. There wasn't much offroading done, but I did take it through few rutted out areas. The car is still stock and still drove through everything I pointed it through.

I highly recommend the area for a visit. Plenty of camping area, both dispersed and large campgrounds.

IMG_20200807_130708.jpg
IMG_20200807_182613_026.jpg

IMG_20200807_182613_029.jpg

IMG_20200807_182613_041.jpg

IMG_20200807_132751_840.jpg

Nice truck, and glad to see you are using it as intended. Keep it up!

Nice. Like the roofnest too. Stock crossbars or did you replace them? I can’t tell

I already had this set up on a gfs Subaru so we just transferred it over. It has Malone crossbars which were like $150 new. I thought about lowering the rtt on the stick bars. But for now I will keep this set up. 15k miles later and I haven't had an issue. I'll look more into placing on stock crossbars just because I need the rtt lowered by an inch to park the car under the carport.

Huge upgrades to the girl recently.

Started off with an Ironman 4X4 Foamcell Stage 2, 2" lift. To be honest I was very disappointed with the whole process of purchasing the lift. While the shipping took approximately 3 months, I understood the shipping issues with COVID, there were other issues with the whole order. After getting the items delivered, I noticed that it would be very hard to install the lift on the ground. I took the lift to a local shop who is well versed with LCs. As they starred working on the lift, they noticed that the front coil-overs were very short. Come to find out that Ironman sent out a wrong set of coil-overs in my order. The issue is that the rear had already been installed and the vehicle was taking up a lift at the shop.

I reached out to Ironman who confirmed that they sent out a wrong item. They made it sound like it will be a priority shipping, however, the new set of springs were sent out 3 days later. With 2 days shipping I basically received my "correct" coil-overs a week later, all while the truck is holding up a lift at the shop. Manny, I know you're on here and I appreciate all of the work around my issue. Eventually the lift was installed and the LC was jacked up high. The 2" lift is definitely 3-4" lift to be honest. Either way I was happy to drive the car away.

On the 5 mile drive back my old CV's spew grease all over the wheel well. Upon closer look at the boots, I noticed that one of the boots was held with a zip tie and the other one was held together with a hard rubber like material.

IMG_20220212_183152.jpg

Ended up order a new set of CV axels from "Toyota Parts Center". Installed those and 20 miles later one of the boots spews grease all over. Turned out to be a defect in the clamp which caused a puncture on the booth. The staff was great and are actually in the process of sending me a new CV. I ended up using one of my good CVs and hose clamp to hold the grease in. So far it has been good, no vibrations or grease escaping. I honestly could have fixed this whole issue with just rebooting my CVs, but I was unsure how old my CVs were. I'm unsure if they are stock since they look quite old. The photos above show them after they were a little cleaned up.

IMG_20220219_102513.jpg

IMG_20220219_102649.jpg

I also ended up ordering a 1.25" SpiderTrax spacer from Slee and that was a great experience. Installed the spacer with a new set of Tundra 5 spoke wheels and a 275/70/18 set of KO2s. The spacers really brought the wheels out just enough to make it flush with the car, which is what I wanted.

There is probably a lot I'm forgetting right now, but so far I'm definitely happy with the progress.

So far my LC looks like this
IMG_20220221_160214.jpg

IMG_20220228_131156.jpg

Ignore the state of RTT, the Florida sun has taken the toll on the tent. It has held up for the past 3 years so I can't complain.

Next steps are to complete a little bit of maintenance. I have noticed a Valley Leak along with a leak through a radiator. Radiator has been delivered and now I just have to find time for a shop visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom