My New Body Armour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want to do a rack very similar to that some day and was wondering how much more wind noise it has caused.

I had a confer rack on a rig back in the 90's and it was really loud. :frown:

I would also love to see some close up shots of how you have it mounted to the roof... if you have those pics.

Last edited:
I want to do a rack very similar to that some day and was wondering how much more wind noise it has caused.

I had a confer rack on a rig back in the 90's and it was really loud. :frown:

I would also love to see some close up shots of how you have it mounted to the roof... if you have those pics.

I don't notice any wind noise at all but keep in mind it is cold here right now so the windows are up. If it were real bad I would still hear it. I do believe i can notice it grabbing more wind at high way speed. The only time I notice that is driving into the wind, it seems to want to down shift into 3rd more often. I have a solution to that though.........350 conversion.

I will try to get you a pic of the clamps, they are very slick and very simple. I also like how they are wide to spread out the load.

rock on i love this build too. cant wait to see the slick clamps

The rig is back at Carl's shop (2 hrs away) to finish the swing away spare tire carrier, so I'll snap a pic when I get it back.

Good morning Tom,

Could you snap me a couple full sized pics all differnt angles and stuff and send them to my email, this is top priority project for me when i get home.
chappysfj40@yahoo.com

thanks
cheers

Good morning Tom,

Could you snap me a couple full sized pics all differnt angles and stuff and send them to my email, this is top priority project for me when i get home.
chappysfj40@yahoo.com

thanks
cheers

I'll send what pics I have and if you need more I can take more when I get it back from Carl............thanks for serving!!!

No worries Tom, i can wait or what ever. i just really love the set up. And i think i finially found what i want to do.
take your time bro.
cheers

The roof tubing is attached with a slip fit just above the quarter panel protection. So once the 8 clamps on the roof are disconnected, it can be lifted off. I don't anticipate any issues.

Thanks ..

can you share some pics of this section with us . ?

Thanks ..

can you share some pics of this section with us . ?

Sure can, i owe Chappy a few pics also once I get her back from Carl (not done yet).

would you mind me askin the approx value of this setup, id like to do something of this sort on my rig.

-Hunter

Carl and I did some "horse trading" so I would have to direct you to Carl who did the work. Keep in mind that it is a one off and he spent a lot of time on it. The price could vary depending on who is doing the work.

There was a few request for additional pics, sorry for the delay but I just got my rig back.

Here is the slip joint joint between the roof tubing and the quarter panel protection.
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 001.jpg

Here is a top view of the clamps, the threaded rod is welded to the stainless clamp.
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 002.jpg

And a shot from the ground looking up at the clamp pinching the gutter.
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 003.jpg
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 001.jpg
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 002.jpg
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 003.jpg

Here is the tire carrier I was waiting on, very stout!!
The carrier will also take a hi lift.
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 004.jpg

Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 005.jpg

Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 006.jpg
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 004.jpg
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 005.jpg
Roof Clamps & Tire Carrier 006.jpg

Wow, nice pseudo exo cage. You can tell it has been used already due to the missing paint on the passenger rear upright!!

Ohhh Man Dude These Pics Are So Dam Awesome, Love The Set Up!!!!!!!!!

if you want the brush runners maybe this will give you an idea.
the blue lines represent brush runners
and the added black lines represent what I personally would do to finish off a stylish minimalist exo.

but i do really like it.

hope yall like my mad paint skills.
Carl Armour 001 aditions.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom