My new '88 FJ62! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is quite the update after a year. Your truck looks great, I love those red 62's.
Good job! What is your favorite upgrade so far?

That is quite the update after a year. Your truck looks great, I love those red 62's.
Good job! What is your favorite upgrade so far?

I'm loving that 5th gear! Also loving the sweet sweet ride on the new suspension ... oh and also the 40 gallon tank ... I don't know man I love it all. I just ordered a bunch of cosmetic stuff like the dome light cover etc. I'll be putting in a tuffy center console, ARB roof rack, and a new set of seatbelts - doing the shoulder belt upgrade in the back thanks to the folks at seatbelt planet here pretty soon. I'll send some more pictures once I get that taken care of.

I did a bit of wheeling the other day and I really like the feel of L4 when driving a manual. It's much more interactive. I need to get used to taking off or shifting on an uphill incline though.

Holy ladder!! Beautiful truck.
haha, I know, it's pretty giant. The roof rack hasn't arrived yet, but once it does - it should line up better.

Was your exhaust rerouted to allow for the Rock sliders? That's an impressive list of upgrades. Great photos, looks awesome except I prefer the stock wheels. :cheers:

Was your exhaust rerouted to allow for the Rock sliders? That's an impressive list of upgrades. Great photos, looks awesome except I prefer the stock wheels. :cheers:
Thanks man, yeah the rock sliders had to be worked around. The original wheels had a bit of surface rust and so we just cleaned them up and powder coated them satin black.

Man, that's a lot in a year.

Do you feel the gain in HP with the 5 speed? I sense an opportunity for a nice knob upgrade (wood?).

That suspension has like a million leaf springs, I guess it's needed with the large gas tank. Also glad to see they raised the LSPV bracket when they installed the lift, most don't think about that. Did the axle get rebuilt or just painted?

I guess if you have a F-350 then you're probably looking for that center console to be huge. I'd just keep the OEM center console, the it looks like you refurbished it.

Man, that's a lot in a year.

Do you feel the gain in HP with the 5 speed? I sense an opportunity for a nice knob upgrade (wood?).

That suspension has like a million leaf springs, I guess it's needed with the large gas tank. Also glad to see they raised the LSPV bracket when they installed the lift, most don't think about that. Did the axle get rebuilt or just painted?

I guess if you have a F-350 then you're probably looking for that center console to be huge. I'd just keep the OEM center console, the it looks like you refurbished it.

yeah it’s a lot more peppy with the 5 speed though with the gear ratio 1st gear runs out by the time I’ve traveled like 10 feet. In big intersections I’m practically in 3rd by the time I hit the other side.

The suspension feels great. A lot softer than my f350 - that’s for darn sure.

the glove box was just cleaned is all, the latch is still busted. I ordered a Tuffy 6.5” Center console and @orangefj45 is going to fab up a mounting bracket for it.

@TexFJ if you’d like to pick out a nice wood shifter knob for me I’d be happy to let you know how well it works. 🤞🏽

yeah it’s a lot more peppy with the 5 speed though with the gear ratio 1st gear runs out by the time I’ve traveled like 10 feet. In big intersections I’m practically in 3rd by the time I hit the other side.

The suspension feels great. A lot softer than my f350 - that’s for darn sure.

the glove box was just cleaned is all, the latch is still busted. I ordered a Tuffy 6.5” Center console and @orangefj45 is going to fab up a mounting bracket for it.

@TexFJ if you’d like to pick out a nice wood shifter knob for me I’d be happy to let you know how well it works. 🤞🏽

Perhaps this one for you to match the red paint...

1592544861336.png

I'm looking for an H55 version of this one.

1592545178934.png

1613078058605.jpeg
I got my ARB alloy roof rack on a few months back. Still working on tracking down some of the various little gremlins but overall it's really coming together the way I had hoped. It's in the shop with Georg over at Valley Hybrids after having driven it for the last 1/2 and identifying the various small issues that still need to be wrangled. I'll post an update once I have it back.

great looking rig!!! Im found of Freeborn Red myself!! What did you do for suspension? Shackles/leafs?

great looking rig!!! Im found of Freeborn Red myself!! What did you do for suspension? Shackles/leafs?
D0B00AF2-F344-4E6F-B819-174882588721.jpeg
B3E93425-9FF1-43D5-A130-E7C81BE3181D.jpeg
D40BF682-E4A6-4B1F-BEDF-712ED83559C9.jpeg
79E35158-7A30-4004-B584-083842501D4A.jpeg
96F7CC38-515C-4878-8212-32E5A9596131.jpeg
With the 40 gallon fuel tank and big bumper we have a pretty big leaf spring pack. We did the old man emu lift and swapped out the shocks for some Bilsteins. For me the set up feels just right and very smooth.

Do you know which Emu?

Do you know which Emu?
I just looked at my records and I don't see if it was the medium or heavy OME kit. Georg at Valley Hybrids would be able to point you in the right direction though. For the shocks it looks like we have the Billstein 24-065283 and 33-185590.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom