Trade My locked 80 for your 40 (San Diego) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1994. Green with gray leather and lockers, otherwise stock. I'm the second owner and I got it about 6 years ago with 78,000 miles or so. First owner was up in Riverside area and it has been a CA truck all its life. It now has 147,000 miles. It's been maintained by a total of two mechanics since I got it. SD Trux in Miramar and a great mobile guy who I have used for the last 3 yrs or so. I've got a ton of records for it.

the good - new Michelins within the last 7,500 miles, shocks within last 10,000 miles, I have the third row seats in my garage in great shape. Nice Alpine stereo with speakers and tweeters, two amps and a 12"inch sub with low profile custom box and an Ipod hookup. However, the third row seats don't fold down if the box is installed. Just passed smog yesterday. AC works great. Viper alarm with keyless entry but remote went bad about 4 months ago; it's not the battery for the remote - my wife threw my keys up to me on our deck; they sailed past me and landed in the dog's water dish - million to one shot! :clap:

the bad - minor damage to front driver's side turn signal. Dumbest accident ever - pulling into my garage and tried to nudge a cabinent door closed but hit it exactly wrong. Idiotic. Not bad at all but I need a new amber turn signal lens and there is a softball sized dent there. Also a white scuff on the passenger side fender flare from sideswiping a stucco wall. Windshield has two cracks in in on the passenger side. The paint has some custom pinstriping but otherwise is OK. Been off-roaded a grand total of 2 times. (Yes, I know, I'm a :princess: - :flipoff2:)

Looking for a 40 or maybe an interesting hot rod to trade although I can throw in a few $$ to sweeten the pot. CA only and pre-75 so smog and registration won't be issues.

My email is flapjackthemonkey at yahoo dot com so drop me a line and let me know if you want specific pics. I can't figure out how to attach photos here. :bang:

A bunch of people have emailed me asking how much I want for it; I said $6,000 but I really would rather see if anyone has a 40 to trade.

Dan

PS - it also has the little piece of carpet for the front console. Rare collectors item! Adds 10 mpg! Vacuumed daily! (I kid, I kid) ;p

Last edited:
Is this a "trade" only type of deal or are you willing to sell? My brother has been patiently looking for an 80 and he's local (Spring Valley)

Is this a "trade" only type of deal or are you willing to sell? My brother has been patiently looking for an 80 and he's local (Spring Valley)
sure - $6,000.

Actually, I'm going to hold out and see if anyone has a 40 to trade, at least for a few weeks...

Last edited:
Dan,
Sent you an email request for pics.

Thanks,

Derrick

Howdy! Too bad your not interested in trading up to an 85 toyota mini. Let me know if you change your mind. It is currently smog legal in Az. John

Hi Dan,

I have sent a message and pictures to your yahoo account. Thanks.

pm'd you

wowie

That is a smokin deal. Especially since it's been cared for by SDTrux. You know I think it's worth a bit more in my opinion.:hmm:

Spoke with this guy the other day as he noticed my 40 on the road. I am a mental health worker and my quick professional assessment... good person:cool:

Dan: If you don't have a camera I can help you shoot and post pics. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom