MY LC GOT ME.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Changed my "Drag link or Push Rod" and Tie Rod this past weekend. The old ones were seized..and my boots were 'perma-crooked'. So, i put the heavy duty slee ones on. I had to pound the crap out of the old ends as EVERYTHING was rusted/stuck on. Below are the pics..

LinkPhoto

old/new rods & ends

LinkPhoto

finally on!

LinkPhoto

my girl took a 'candid' pic of me taking a break after beating the sh!t out of the old rod ends..I bet lots of you felt like this with your cruiser many times! :D Gawd know i have before!!

later
joe

That old one doesn't look too bad from the picture...though you do :D

I felt that way (and probably looked it) after doing my front axle. :p

Tom

First, congratulations! Good job.
Now the Junk response - I see why you had so much trouble and I'm sure your girlfriend tells you this anyway - your hammers too small! Not only that it's a carpenter's rip hammer. Dude, you own a cruiser now; move up to a large ballpeen.
Junk we miss ya.
Bill

I wouldnt' use that tiny hammer on yo momma or yo sistah. :flipoff2:

(Miss ya Junk... hurry back!)

-B-

*LOL* --- I remember looking like that one time while wrenching my old 40 . Hit my elbow I think on something while really cranking on a bolt in near zero temps ... endorphines can do wonders :doh: :D . Seriously though , hook up with a nurse and next time you're wackin at the cruiser she can start a D50W drip for you ... either that or start poppin ephedrine *L*

Tyler

PS: Sorry for teasin , but damn you look just like all my regular patients . All that pic is missing is a scratch and sniff of listerine , and a small pool of vomit near your mouth .

Get a garage and a sledge ya weenie :flipoff2:

I have been in that position before...it is important to not assume such a submissive stance with a TLC or you will be mounted. :D

Rick,
The images appear OK for me and they are being linked from www.cartogra.com. Any chance your ISP is blocking that site?
-B-

Joe,

Looking good man, most likely I am next for this project, just can not find the freaking time so far.

Al

Nope AL, the slave driver has had me on the ropes all summer. Snuck in a whole house window replacement on me (13 in all). Did just get back from my friends up in NH with my new ARB and snorkle though :D :D :D :D. I know I was saying in about a month 3.5 months ago but I'll probably be ready in about a month now :-\.

Rick,

That's fine, we are expecting a baby on the way, so life is like a mountain over my shoulders at this point (working like a horse), so let's see in a 30-60 days how things look with you and I then we will go from there.

Hope all is well.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom