Builds My Hawaiian 1975 Fj40 Resto-resurrection (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn’t have to drill, the windshield frame had 7 evenly distributed holes that had capture nuts behind them. They weren’t even nutcerts that a PO could have put in, but looked to be factory holes for 10mm bolts. Maybe I have a factory soft top windshield frame??

Most frames are like you describe. In my experience the bestop channel was drilled differently and some folks would use sheet screws to attach it.

I didn’t have to drill, the windshield frame had 7 evenly distributed holes that had capture nuts behind them. They weren’t even nutcerts that a PO could have put in, but looked to be factory holes for 10mm bolts. Maybe I have a factory soft top windshield frame??

So the two piece channel were already drilled to match the seven holes? That is usually. Years ago these channels were either drilled to match a jeep windshield frame or just evenly drilled with three holes on each. I have multiple channels, all have three holes each.

Mid sixties Toyota make the models so the hard top could run a soft top and vise versa. In the US or at least the main land as of 1/76 required three point seat belts. That was the end of the soft top models in the US. 2/78 three point seat belts moved to the roll bar. But the soft top was never imported again. At some point the fixed nuts were gone and only empty holes remained.

So the two piece channel were already drilled to match the seven holes? That is usually. Years ago these channels were either drilled to match a jeep windshield frame or just evenly drilled with three holes on each. I have multiple channels, all have three holes each.

Mid sixties Toyota make the models so the hard top could run a soft top and vise versa. In the US or at least the main land as of 1/76 required three point seat belts. That was the end of the soft top models in the US. 2/78 three point seat belts moved to the roll bar. But the soft top was never imported again. At some point the fixed nuts were gone and only empty holes remained.
Good bit of information. Sorry, I miss understood your original response. I did have to drill holes (4 of the 7) in the 2 piece channel part. I thought you meant drill into the windshield frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom