My garage made axe & shovel bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I made another device for my rig.

(some have seen the bracket for the on board air compressor made of a cookie pan seen here)

my new project was axe & shovel mount for my rig. in doing research, store bought specific mounts ran from $55-100.00. I did it for about $9.50! And it works awesome. Huge money savings!

I used (from the wood/construction department of Home Depot) 2 - 12" brackets and 2 - 8" brackets, 2 3/8 wing nuts, 2 3/8x2.5"bolts, electrical tape.

As seen below, animated images of the actual brackets and them mounted.

axe.gif

I used a piece of pipe to lay the brackets over to pound them into the required shape. took about 1 hour to make them both. In the end, I wrapped them in electrical tape to make them fit in with the black of my rig.

BTW, this is mounted hanging under a gear basket that is made for Jeeps that I also altered to fit my FJ40 swing out Con-Ferr tire/gas can carrier. however, they could be mounted really anywhere.

Last edited:
64 views and not a single reply? Don't ya love that. :rolleyes: Where's the love? I think they're skeered. :D

Nice job there man, and way cool flashing pics, first I've seen on mud. Now what type of cage you got that mounted to? Looks like it works great and who doesn't like savin cash?

:beer:

Hard to get a good look with the pics flashing by as quickly as they are. I'd like to get something fabed up to have welded onto the DS 3rd row seat bracket for a shovel, axe, hi-lift (if possible) fire extinguisher and mag light. I can easily put maglite clips or the other holder from my thread on this to my CO2 tank bracket.

HawkDriver said:
64 views and not a single reply? Don't ya love that. :rolleyes: Where's the love? I think they're skeered. :D

Nice job there man, and way cool flashing pics, first I've seen on mud. Now what type of cage you got that mounted to? Looks like it works great and who doesn't like savin cash?

:beer:

thanks. seems a lot of people looking, but nobody talking. either they are so lame, they warrant no response, or people are stunned into walking away from their computers to comtemplate their $90 version.

anyway, as seen here at the rack, it is an Outland brand "Trail Rack" meant for Yeeps that is mounted to my Con-Ferr swing away rear rack (that was a modification effort in itself). I mounted these up under the Trail Rack between it and the spare tire. So, still 100% access to rack, tools, tire.

(BTW - these are animated images I make, save scrolling down time to animate them rather than put 5 images inline. maybe I will slow them up for the non-OCD viewer.)

Alright already...great idea and great fabbing. Timely you should post this...just yesterday I ordered 2pr of the small Quick Fists to attach my shovel to the handle of the HiLift Jack that is attached to my Slee rr bumper. Yah yah yah...pics after I get the darn things OK? :D

HawkDriver said:
Cool chit. I figure that the pics were just a simple animation feature, but still saves time. Little slower would be cool.

Stunning, yes... ;p

I like the way that rack sits, how much weight does it hold?

they claim 200 pounds! here is a picture of the actual rack (not on my rig mind you).

truckstuffusa_1876_46819487

Great job on the bracket. It's nice too see someone thinking outside the box. When people ask where you got the cool mount, you have the satisfaction of telling them you thought it up and built it yourself. For under 10 bucks

wantatlc said:
So, I made another device for my rig.

(some have seen the bracket for the on board air compressor made of a cookie pan seen here)

my new project was axe & shovel mount for my rig. in doing research, store bought specific mounts ran from $55-100.00. I did it for about $9.50! And it works awesome. Huge money savings!

I used (from the wood/construction department of Home Depot) 2 - 12" brackets and 2 - 8" brackets, 2 3/8 wing nuts, 2 3/8x2.5"bolts, electrical tape.

wantatlc,
Thanks for this post! Just what I was looking for while searching for brackets online that were pricey.

Carl

lc1996 said:
wantatlc,
Thanks for this post! Just what I was looking for while searching for brackets online that were pricey.

Carl

awesome, glad it was an acutal help to someone rather than just tooting my own horn. The prices of store bought mounts are a joke and I knew they were not rocket science to make. and I prooved it to myself.

Nice work on the bracket.

Great looking cruiser, can you send me some more pics of the rack (chadtrs@nc.rr.com) I have the same rear tire carrier and would love to put that rack on mine. Did you fab up the mounting poles? Any other cool mods you have going?
Chad

emailed ya.

here are a few images of it so you can see 1 aspect of how I mounted it. I used the stock rack, on then on the Con-Ferr I drilled holes to match those from the Outland and just bolted her on. pretty straight forward.

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice,
we might have to copy that :D !

My hats off to creativity and the ability to do lots with little!

KUDOS

no pix x3...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom