My first post and I’m already asking for help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellas, I’m still pretty excited at my new purchase but I’m starting to see all the PM that didn’t get done on my 2001. She’s got 210k on the clock and pretty well cared for...however...I’m pretty sure the timing belt is due (no previous record of it) and the PO pretty much just changed oil and tires and took care of an O2 sensor issue at 155k. What I’m most concerned about is after washing the truck really well I can see the hood is a different color in the sunlight. I didn’t notice it at the time of purchase so I didn’t ask the PO about it. Finally, here’s my “ask”. Could someone run the VIN and see what the recorded history is on my 100? JTEHT05J012007186
I know Carfax or other agencies don’t catch everything but I’m hoping for a clean report anyway. I’m in NW Virginia and have Ryan at OTRAMM checking it out at his next available appointment (4 weeks). Thanks for any assist you guys can offer and I’m happy to be a part of such a “prestigious” group!

I pulled a carfax. Last guy had it for 7 years, just kind of looks like some oil changes. New battery at 196k in 2016. Some kind of exhaust work at 181k in 2015, Alignment and 4 tires in december 2014, nothing major I'm seeing on it. Send me your email and i'll shoot you a copy.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I think it’s been one of those mall Cruisers that the previous owners treated like a 4Runner. LC Heaven is getting me back on track. I’ll keep you posted.

A685D05B-963D-4D4B-913B-96DC2D137499.jpeg
36BC81EE-9E10-41B5-A68E-56FC655CD1E2.jpeg
A923D12C-4FB5-45E8-B747-076699FF7440.jpeg

That is definitely a different hood than it was born with or it has been repainted. It would not fade that evenly.

Open the hood, look on the passenger side down near the hinge for a VIN tag. It should match your vehicle VIN number if it the original hood.

while you have the hood up change the heater hose T's cause they are getting ready to fail at that age and mileage. also look at the radiator top tank for a brown tint with very small cracking but probably should change the radiator also with those miles and age. looks like a nice truck and it will probably out last many cars on the road half it's age. look for a sticker on one of the camshaft covers for mileage and time the timing belt was /if changed. congratulations

Congrats, i'm local and just picked up my 2nd Hundy yesterday. If you need help with maintenance stuff let me know, i baselined my LC when i got it.

First things first, heater Tees, i ordered them on ebay, OEM ones for about $22 for the pair.

I'd also change the oil as well so you can keep tabs of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom