My first gen needs to go back to Cali! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.
This is my original first gen with only 75k miles. I believe that the mileage is legit, as I checked all the carfax when I bought to see the mileage accumulate and it seems to be the real deal. Originally owned by a war veteran near san fran when I bought it and brought it to Victoria BC in 2008.

It's now starting to get a bit of surface corrosion on the frame and a few(very few) small blemishes over the past three years that make me sad...sad that i'm losing the battle to keep this truck in the mint-condition that it's enjoyed over the past 3 decades!

So - I want to find an owner to take it back to California (or anywhere dry and warm!) where it will remain in it's pristine condition.

It'll go up for sale this week when I get a few more pics done etc.
I'll probably advertise on craigs in cali, hawaii etc.

Just wondering how much interest there would be in a truck of this condition....

Any Comments? Thoughts?
I'll even drive it down there!

Thx

Fraser

(Truck has new brakes, exhaust, shocks, tires. Tranny good. Clutch good. Engine super strong (best of four 22Rs that I've owned!), body beautiful, rims need some love to get back to perfect, bed is in great shape, interior is untouched (orig stereo, no aftermarket anything), driver seat needs re-upholstering, winch works perfect, hmmmm...where to stop....)

IMG_4071.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

There will be a huge interest. You just have to find someone that won't turn it into a hardcore wheeler or part it out for a SA conversion parts.

If you want it to go to a great home i would consider listing it with bringatrailer. The guys there love these trucks ( they picked up a rare aussie double cab recently ). It will find a good home there.

have you checked with these guys toyotafiberglass.com .. they can save it for you to drive in Canada or anywhere for that matter for many years to come maybe he'll even buy it , I know he has lots of guys looking for pristine trucks

A MUD member in San Diego had a nearly identical truck listed for sale here about a year ago. It didn't sell at 7K, I believe it was, so he's hanging on to it for the time being.

Hawaii is not a good place for it, the salt air year round quickly rusts cars. not to mention the huge amount of rain they get year round.

Hawaii would be a fine place for it, providing you have a garage or carport. The cleanest 1st generation Toyota 4x4 pickup I've seen resides in Hilo- average annual rainfall 130 inches. I've also seen a beautiful, rust free FJ62 there. There are scores of other classic vehicles in the islands that are in mint condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom