My dang unit's too friggin' short ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love a 69 Chevelle but hate it when they put the wrong stripes on one. To each his own but no 69 ever had stripes like that. Nice car otherwise :)

Dang Bodean ... I got all excited when I seen somebody actu'ly responded to this thread. :clap:

And then you just talk 'bout the friggin' Chevelle. :bang:

Reckon now not only do folks hate me 'cause I'm beautiful ... they hate me 'cause I gotta jeep. :lol:

In my defense, this here jeep's as much jeep as my Cruiser was T'yota ... not much. :smokin:

See ya soon my friend. :beer:

Ha! Well I've had 2 69 Chevelle's so I kinda like em. Will have another one some day.

Yeah we gonna have a large time in about 28 days! It's been a while since you've been to the gig. It's a little bigger than it used to be :)

Just gotta text from TNT Customs sayin' the fella tunin' the Turd done dropped 'er back off at TNT this mornin'. Don't know any details just yet like how many ponies she put to the ground or what the friggin' bill is ... but I know she's back in Cheyenne By Gawd!

Which is pretty much all I care about since I'm flyin' home tonight. Gonna fetch 'er first thang in the mornin' and do a bar-hoppin' roadtrip weekend up to the Black Hills. Try to hit coupla dozen bars and put 5 or 6 hun'erd miles on 'er as a test run for the big roadtrip to the Redneck Gig.

:flamingo:

Don't know any details just yet like how many ponies she put to the ground ...

Rollin' the 40" Toyo's on the dyno, the Turd put 300 hp to the ground. Healthy. Real healthy.

And she runs great now for the first time since I've owned it.

Gonna fetch 'er first thang in the mornin' and do a bar-hoppin' roadtrip weekend up to the Black Hills. Try to hit coupla dozen bars and put 5 or 6 hun'erd miles on 'er ...

So it ended up bein' 740 miles. And 21 bars.

Here's a sampler:

20180928_Bar_1_Emporium.jpg

20180928_Bar_2_Bitchs Corner.jpg

20180929_BAR_3_Dime Horseshoe.jpg

20180930_Bar_4_Deweys.jpg

20180930_Bar_5_Old Western.jpg

This thang's a roadtrip animal. She just eats up the miles. Ride quality, handlin', and now the power band, are all outstandin'.

Weather was a bit testy but a great trip. Camped 3 nights in 3 dif'rent State Parks.

20180929_A_Lake Guernsey.jpg
20180929_B_Tank trail.jpg
20180929_C_Camp.jpg
20180930_Devils Tower.jpg

Looking at the back of that thing, I'm seeing a 14 bolt. If I recall, didn't you have a Dana 60 at some point? (I'm too lazy to go back in the thread and look...) She's gonna look good when your done!

Cheers!

That's a ProRock60 in the back right now.

5-lug, semi-float, high-pinion. Strike 1, strike 2, and strike 3.

Ordered an 8-lug, full-floater, low-pinion Dana 80 from Dynatrac yesterday. 2 - 3 week delivery.

Windshield on this thang's done been cracked since I bought it. And has just gotten worser over the years.

So this is a big deal.

Plus the windshield frame's now nice and shiny yella on the outside and still black on the inside.

20181210_A_Windshield frame.jpg

New glass is from MOPAR and is what they call Gorilla Glass. Reckon supposed to be better than normal stuff.

20181210_B_Gorilla Glass.jpg

And 4 outta my 5 new tires done showed up today.

So why new tires? New Dana 80 is 8-lug of course. My ProRock 60's are 5-lug jeep stuff. Gonna convert the front to 8-lug like it shoulda been from the get-go. So need new wheels. TrailReady's 'bout the only aluminum beadlock I want but they got issues right now and ain't makin' no wheels. Found a set of brand-spanky new 8-lugs that been sittin' 'round that I can get my hands on. But they're 20's. So need new tires.

20181210_C_4 tires.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom