My dang unit's too friggin' short ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure lookin' forward to checkin' in on the Turd this weekend and bored as crap at work right now so went back and re-read all this mess. Found coupla quotes that made me chuckle ...

From May 25, 2015 ...

But found a reference to a shop called TNT Customs on an old thread on a jeep forum and decided to check them out. What a great shop specializin' in hardcore jeeps and right here in Cheyenne. Reckon just a matter of time 'fore he gets my money. :hillbilly:

and from September 03, 2015 ...

Rig's got some good potential ... just needs a pile of money thrown at 'er. :grinpimp:

At this point in time all I can do is quote Clint Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josey Wales" ...

"Reckon so."

:flamingo:

Wirin's all been tested and loomed up ...

20180608_A_Dash wiring.jpg

20180608_B_Dash wiring.jpg

Just waitin' for the dash pieces to get powdercoated. Gonna be room in the booth now that this monster's comin' out ...

20180608_C_powdered cage.jpg

Interior of the doors and new door panels have been sprayed with the Line-X Ultra to match the rest of the interior ...

20180613_doors line-x.jpg

New Corbeau seats installed with new Corbeau 5-point harnesses and shoulder pads. Also the freshly powdercoated center console ...

20180614_A_Seats.jpg

Dash pieces done been powdercoated and workin' on puttin' 'em together ...

20180614_B_Dash.jpg

They got ev'rythang under the hood buttoned up and workin' properly ... includin' the A/C. Had to move the ARB compressor under there since when we lowered the seats for more headroom, the compressor wouldn't fit there no more. Stereo sub-woofer's under the seat now.

20180702_A_Engine bay done.jpg

so time to start puttin' the rear of the interior back together ...

20180702_B_Rear interior.jpg

20180702_C_Rear interior.jpg

Almost finished ...

20180702_D_Stern shut.jpg

20180702_E_Stern open.jpg

Custom switch covers showed up so I can remember what all them switches actu'ly do. Just gotta look at the pretty pictures on 'em ...

20180703_A_Switch panel.jpg

20180703_B_Switch panel.jpg

Interior done turned out real nice. Plastic-free to boot.

20180703_C_Cockpit birdseye.jpg

Big news is that they actu'ly run the damned thang down the road today ... and said ev'rythang really does work right. Unbelievable. Last time I drove it was July 11 of last year. Sure 'nough excited 'bout gettin' home Friday.

The Turd's really gonna light-up my life ...

20180703_F_Lights.jpg

20180703_G_Lights.jpg

20180703_H_Lights.jpg

20180703_I_Lights.jpg

A local tent and awnin' guy hacked up my top to make 'er into a bikini top. Ain't quite done just yet but it kept the rain off me this weekend on the mountain. It seals to the top of the door surrounds so with that and the fact'ry upper doors on, the seats are outta the weather. We had this in mind when we built the cage.

20180721_A_Top closed.jpg

And the front part still flips open.

20180721_B_Top open.jpg

Fella sewed on a bunch of straps and big clips so the back secures to the twin B-pillars of the cage. Right nice.

20180721_C_Top clips.jpg

Turd's goin' back to his shop today so he can finish up the bikini top and fabricate the back part of the top to fit the new cage.

Reckon won't be takin' the top part off much since it flips open. Take the upper doors off when ain't no chance of rain. Add the back of the top in the winter.

So the top's all done now. Used a windjammer back panel that features a plastic window that zips open and closed. The gentleman cut up the sides of my old top to use the sections that seals to the door surrounds and the first few inches of the tub. Connected those small side panels to the windjammer back piece and then connected ev'rythang to the bikini top. The result is a nice, tight half cab that all comes apart in sections that can all be run separately. Pretty friggin' cool.

20180804_B_rear open.jpg

20180804_C_Rear closed.jpg

20180804_D_Rear closed.jpg

Once I sobered up, I realized the straps hangin' down on the inside can easily be tucked outta sight.

20180804_Inside.jpg

Top had a pretty harsh field test over the weekend with wind, rain, and hail and held up perfect. Also quiet goin' down the interstate at 80. Real happy with this except the goofy flap on the back corners.

20180804_Half cab with flap.jpg

So Monday I went back to the shop to pay the bill and schedule somethin' to get shed of them flaps. Fellas made quick work of yankin' the bikini top off and chunkin' it on the table for some sewin'.

20180806_Sewing.jpg

Slapped 'er back on ... and it looks much better. All done.

20180806_No flap.jpg

Work was done by Luke at Mountain States Signs in Cheyenne.

20180806_Luke.jpg

So where we at these days??

Here's the schedule:

Mid-September she goes down to Ft. Collins, CO for her appointment at the dyno shop to tune the new brain and hopefully make the stroker hemi scream like never before.

October is the concept's real test ... drive 12 hun'erd miles to the Redneck Gig, wheel 3 days, and drive 'er home.

November she gets painted.

Meanwhile ...

Done put a thousand miles on the Turd since I got 'er outta the shop last ... and most of them been on dirt.

Suspension is nuthin' short of phenomenal both on and off the road, crawlin' at 5 mph or cruisin' at a hun'erd.

Extra room in the plastic-free interior is most excellent.

The simplicity of the old-school dash and controls is outstandin'.

The Turd ain't quite ready to be put on a pedestal just yet ...

but she's really, really close ...

and it never hurts to do a practice run. :grinpimp:

20180818_Pedestal.jpg

So where we at these days??

Here's the schedule:

Mid-September she goes down to Ft. Collins, CO for her appointment at the dyno shop to tune the new brain and hopefully make the stroker hemi scream like never before.

Delivered this mornin' right on schedule. This is huge to get this done 'fore I drive 'er to the Redneck Gig.

20180911_A_At dyno shop.jpg

Reckon' this bitchin' Chevelle is ahead of me in line.

20180911_B_At dyno shop.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom