My dang unit's too friggin' short ... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cage is ready to go into the powdercoatin' booth ...

20180329_Cage.jpg

And the Turd's tub's done been prepped for primer and then a coat of Line-X ...

20180331_A_taped for primer.jpg

20180331_B_taped for primer.jpg

:flamingo:

When does the OD green go on?

I just spent a very enjoyable lunch break reading the toils building a trail worthy Jeep. Thanks!!! I have no idea how I stumbled upon it...
What ever happened to this ol' turd?

This pic really should go under the heading 'Caption this...'

Hope all is well!! Cheers!

P1010123.JPG

After 17 years of wheelin', just weren't much left of the ol' cruiser. Sold 'er off on EBay a few years back. Now just got my truck and jeeper.

So the Turd's done been shifted back to the main shop to try to push to get 'er done.

Lookin' like my brain's done found a home.

20180406_B_Brain.jpg

And movin' the third Atlas shifter from underneath the front seat up to be side-by-each with the other two Atlas shifters. Couldn't of reached it under the seat once I actu'ly start wearin' the shoulder harnesses and the move frees up some much needed storage space. Note that the 6-speed shifter handle's done been shortened as well. Try to quicken the shifts a bit on the truck tranny.

20180406_C_Shifters.jpg

Got two local shops in action now ...

At TNT Customs, the wirin' is startin' to wrap up. Here's the gauge pod actu'ly mounted to the dash. And forgot to mention earlier that the column and steerin' wheel are mine rather than the mock-up ones.

20180430_A_Gauge pod.jpg

And all the stereo parts have arrived so that's gonna get wired in today.

20180501_Stereo parts.jpg

Meanwhile ... over at my favorite streetrod shop Signature Customs, we're tryin' to get shed of the last hunk of plastic ugliness remainin' on the Turd ... the inner door panels on the half doors. Here's what the stock nastiness looks like ...

20180427_A_half doors.jpg

And the offendin' plastic ready to go in the dumpster ....

20180430_A_plastic gone.jpg

And the sexy new metal version. Check out the way-cool metal covers for the new door speakers ...

20180501_C_Door panel.jpg

Very high quality work from both shops. Hope to be drivin' it Memorial Day weekend.

Signature Customs is wrappin' up the lil' doors.

Got a super-sexy interior door handle from Lokar Performance Parts and the mountin' pieces for the fact'ry upper doors. Second panel has already been fabbed and Matt says he'll have 'em both done by the end of today.

20180503_A_done door.jpg

20180503_B_done door.jpg

20180503_C_both panels.jpg

Then the doors go back to TNT so the crew can spray the inside of the doors with Line-X to match the rest of the interior.

And at TNT Customs ...

The final piece of the custom dash has been fabbed and installed below the steerin' column.

20180503_A_lower dash.jpg

And the stereo amp is mounted under the center console and the sub's mounted under the passenger seat.

20180503_B_amp and sub.jpg

Fabbed up some sweet enclosures for the rear speakers that tuck in tight into the cage.

20180503_C_rear speakers.jpg

20180503_D_rear speakers.jpg

any time soon for the heep to be in hotsprings?
This year I am planning to come to the redneck gig... hope you show up
want to see the Turd in person...

Reckon it's done been awhile since I posted up some updates. Mainly cuz been kinda slow-go on the Turd. Kraig at TNT Customs was gettin' to his wits end on the 'lectrical crap so last time I was home I told 'im to just step away from it for a week or so. Can't afford no mistakes at this point and I think the delay will pay off in the long run.

Got back on 'er after the holiday weekend tho. He sent me a short video clip Tuesday evenin' of 'im turnin' the key in the steerin' column and the engine started. Video ain't gonna win no academy award but sure meant a lot to me By Gawd. Lots of stuff has to work right for that to happen and she ain't turned over in a really long time. So basic'ly time to start puttin' 'er back together.

Here's the lil' doors bein' prepped for the Line-X Ultra ...

20180531_A_Doors prepped.jpg

So they can join the door panels that are already in the spray booth ...

20180531_B_Door panels in booth.jpg

And all the dash pieces done been primered and are ready for the powdercoatin' booth.

20180531_C_Dash primered.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom