My dang unit's too friggin' short ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotta finish it first JP.

Hope to have this phase done by the end of July.

Here's a progress shot of the cross member and lower arms for the suspension. All custom made stuff.

20160627_lower arms.jpg

Nice:clap::clap:

Thanks JP ...

And here's a shot of the bridge over the rear pumpkin to accommodate the upper links. Pure sex.

20160629_bridge_1.jpg

20160629_briidge_2.jpg

Fox claimed 4 to 6 weeks delivery on the coilovers ... which is exactly when they showed up.

20160629_coilover.jpg

Talked to the shop last night ... fine-tunin' exact length and placement of upper links. My man said slow go to get it all dialed in just right but makin' progress. Goal is to debut it at the Mile High Jeep Club's All4Fun event down in Colorado the first week of August. Big event and shop's settin' up his normal gi-gundus display in the vendor area and he wants to show off the Turd. Won't be painted but should be runnin' ... and plenty fawkin' bad-ass.

Then gotta local street-rod shop lined up for some custom body work and paint. Will do that during my hitches at work so I can still get some seat time in the mountains for the rest of this summer.

Goes back in the shop this winter for extensive interior and electrical work.

Basic theme for the Turd is to create a show truck that goes on trails. Yes ... it's a jeep. But this is my last hoorah 'fore I accept reality and start thinkin' 'bout settlin' down somewheres again so I'm goin' all out. And I do mean ALL out.

I am in Utah most of the time now. Would love to hook up and do some wheeling. Great event in October at Sand Hollow in Hurricane UT. The Trail Hero. I will be a great time.
in other words get your butt and the turd to it.

Shop owner's tryin' to get me to some event in Utah in early October. Don't know the event, dates, or if'n I can make it just yet tho.

Meanwhile ...

Upper links are all done fitted and the supports are welded out. One of the fact'ry frame cross members was in the way so he cut 'er out and is replacin' it with his own. This pic shows initial fitment but not final bracin'.

20160706_new cross member.jpg

That hump that looks like a gas tank ain't a gas tank. These jeeps got goofy lil' "trunks" recessed into the rear floorboard for some reason.

Sucks cuz the beer cooler gets hung up in it ev'ry time ya slide it in from the stern.

And now you can see it's preventin' my new suspension from goin' all the way up.

So it's gotta go.

And it did.

20160706_hole in floor.jpg

I am sure we are talking about the same event. Get your old, Coors drinking, story telling ass over to this event and we will have a great time. I will be there and my 40.

Great event in October at Sand Hollow in Hurricane UT. The Trail Hero. I will be a great time.

Get your old, Coors drinking, story telling ass over to this event and we will have a great time. I will be there and my 40.

That is indeed the event that the Turd will be at. Hopefully I'll be there too. We'll see.

:flamingo:

I'm home next weekend so I'll find out info on the gig. Believe he's plannin' on takin' the Turd with or without me. :grinpimp:

That is indeed the event that the Turd will be at. Hopefully I'll be there too. We'll see.

I'll drive her. I love the trails out here. They are lots of fun. Mild to extreme and everything in the middle.

Check out the departure angle now that the axle's in it's final position ...

20160723_1_bumper hit.jpg

Tire's gonna hit the bumper ends at full compression tho so gotta do some trimmin' ...

20160723_2_trim bumper.jpg

Rear suspension's basic'ly done. Tom Woods driveshaft installed. Fittin' the custom skid plate and jammin' a new exhaust system under 'er. Havin' to replace the new exhaust system he had on there due to interference with the rear links.

Waitin' for the hydro-assist steerin' stuff to arrive and gonna put coilovers on the front too while she's in the shop. Custom-made fuel cell in final stages as well.

Still lots to do but quality of the workmanship is outstandin'.

20160825_rear axle.jpg

I like the skids for the lower link mounts.

So the rear suspension's 'bout wrapped up. Dual triangulated with 2.5" x 10" Fox coilovers, 2" Fox air bumps, and Currie AntiRock swaybar.

20160830_rear suspension_1.jpg

20160830_rear suspension_2.jpg

In the last pic, you can see the tailpipe stickin' out and barely make out the super-trick skid plate.

The new sliders interlock into the rear skins and the frame. Real slick design he made.

20160830_port slider_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom