my build on a buget (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
first off I needed to find a rig.I wanted lockers so I was looking for a 80 with factory e-lockers and in nebraska that is pita BUT a friend found one with 165k on the clock bone stock in northplatt ne. and some one hit a poll with it so it needed a radiator and the support no bumper right finder and hood need work but he left that alone
for now.So he wanted 2600.00 for the truck. we came to a deal 1400.00 and 1200.00 on a trade for new carpet.Now I need some armor THANKS to fellow mud er I have a A.R.B. front bumper slee sliders and a slee rear bumper all for 1600.00.The exhaust fell off so I had to put new exhaust on that was 650.00. now I need a lift thanks to another fellow mud er I got a complete slee 6" lift with front and rear drive shafts for 1800.00 now I need wheels and tiers thanks to TRAIL WORTHY FAB I have 5 37x12.5x16.5 with dbl. bead locks and rock rings with powder coating at a cost of 1900.00.It sound like a lot of money but for what you get it's not that bad and keep in mind I got it all used so a total of about :whoops: 8550.00 :doh: just think if I went with all new parts:censor: I would have 15k in this truck or moor.I'll get pix soon

new truck

and after all this I probably can't sell it for that:rolleyes: but that's ok I love this truck.I cant what to get it on the trail:cheers: :steer:

that's a budget build?????????????
sounds like a John Travolta film budget! Post up some pics!

View attachment 505772 024.jpg

025.jpg

030.jpg
024.jpg
025.jpg
030.jpg

Flexy! Nice!

I need wheels and tiers thanks to TRAIL WORTHY FAB I have 5 37x12.5x16.5 with dbl. bead locks and rock rings with powder coating at a cost of 1900.00.

If they don't balance (and I think there is a good chance atleast one wont balance, as its been that way with the many other folks that have bought them, including myself) contact them ASAP. Dont think "i can live with it" because when you finally get tired of it, and you will, they won't help you out much.

balance

are you referring to to trilworthey fab inc. ?I am thinking about just putting BBs in them.What do all you think about that?:steer:

Yep. The ones that are out of kansas.

Balancing Beads didn't work for me... I had to have a truck shop balance them. I ended up with BB and weights on the outside to get the worst one near road worthy. One thing I noticed was the difference in vibration at different PSI. Anything below 30psi is like trying to drive something with 4 ovals mounted to the axles. 45psi works best for me...

It is awesome to run them at 2psi though :flipoff2:

Sounds like you're building a trail rig or rock crawler. Bead locks, 37" tires and 6" lift are not desirable mods for an expo rig. Just saying, since this is the "Expedition Build" section. Anyway, an 80 is a damn fine choice :cheers: - more capable for whatever you want, than most other rigs. Good luck!

"Expedition Build" section.

yes I know I did not know where to post this.So if some one can move this to right secession.
Thanks
STILL waiting for my wheels and tires I ordered them on feb. 12th
so they should be here this week :clap:

yes I know I did not know where to post this.So if some one can move this to right secession.
Thanks
STILL waiting for my wheels and tires I ordered them on feb. 12th
so they should be here this week :clap:

80 tech questions are best answered in the "80-Series Tech" section. A lot of info in the FAQs and Search for almost any question or problem. If you can't find what you need, start a thread like you did here. If you click on the "Forum" link at the very top of any web page on this site, it will list all the Mud forums you can visit.

I disagree that this is in the wrong section. If you are going to use it as an expedition truck then set it up how you want. Different trips need different rigs. Not everyone has to have 255's and a bunch of expo portal approved gear to consider their truck an expedition rig.

Any word of the new tires? I would be interested in seeing them and hearing how they balanced.

I disagree that this is in the wrong section. If you are going to use it as an expedition truck then set it up how you want. Different trips need different rigs. Not everyone has to have 255's and a bunch of expo portal approved gear to consider their truck an expedition rig. ............

With the rig he's building, it is not an expedition build. I don't think any body really cares where he posts. It's just - he'd get better and more help in a forum that's common to his build. There's probably guys on the 80-Series Tech Forum or HardCore Corner Forum that have no interest in expedition builds, do not ever visit this forum and haven't seen this thread and therefore the OP misses their inputs, advice and ideas. 6" lifts and bead locks are not real common on expo rigs.

BTW, try replacing a 37" tire in some 3rd world country. And with an 80, you need 4 matched tires, so you'd be forced into either waiting to get a 37" tire shipped to you or replacing all 4 and the spare(s) to continue your journey. There's some pretty good reasons why a tricked out trail rig wouldn't be a smart choice for an expedition type journey.

T-W-F

Trail worthy fab has not sent me my set up yet but you know what the dog said when he got his tail cut off (IT WONT BE LONG NOW)
This kind of tire can be found all over the U.S.A.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom