my buddy picked up a 1980 BJ42 3b diesel won't shut off ???????/ (1 Viewer)

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
my bud picked a BJ42 last week his 3B diesel doesn't shut off .is there anything he can clean or adjust to get it to shut down ?? i will look at the FSM tonight

:cheers: any info would be great :grinpimp:

i am jealous lucky guy .he picked up a complete running rig for $500 bucks 300,000 KM's on it ,has the typical canadian rust :doh: never even had the roof off it

Sounds like an Edic issue, remove the fuel control relay, give it and the plug a clean and check the fusible links, put it back together and see if the edic motor moves.

There is also a wierd phenom relating to the altenator brushes and this non stopping. Why i have no idea, but if the alt brushes are to short this happens. I had this same problem a couple years ago and sure enough i was told this and looked to find my brushes were to low and out of spec. Once replaced, it stopped for a long time. But it still does it once in a while, especially when it's hot outside. It's been written about on here before. I learned of it from Dan at 4wheel auto. Hope this helps.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
$500!! If we wants to be a little red and keep that rig runnin' cheap, there's always the bicycle cable install through the dash that you can pull to turn the fuel off manually. I test drove a BJ42 with that setup once. Yeah, it was from Mission.

Last edited:

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
nice ! that is what he has done for the time being ,he used a piece of string :grinpimp: truck needs alot of tlc

$500!! If we wants to be a little red and keep that rig runnin' cheap, there's always the bicycle cable install through the dash that you can pull to turn the fuel off manually. I test drove a BJ42 with that setup once. Yeah, it was from Mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom