My BudBuilt Sliders are on! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered a set after reading and falling in love with Obi’s car! Thanks for all the info. Are the updates install instructions anywhere to be found on here?
If you send NLScooby a private message with your email, perhaps he can send you a copy of the PDF he created.

You can delete duplicate posts.

If you're on a phone or tablet version browser, hit those three little lines below the post and then tap Delete.
Boom! No more duplicates! :)
Thanks man!

If you send NLScooby a private message with your email, perhaps he can send you a copy of the PDF he created.
Yep - I’m happy to shoot out my notes to anyone. Just drop me a pm

Anyone order a set without fill plates? I sort of like the rugged no-nonsense look of open sliders, but I'd like to see a pair first.

The issue for me wasn't looks but functionality. I used the OEM sidesteps and now sliders to get things off the roof rack. The Mrs uses them to get in and out of the truck.

Last edited:
The fill plates are super functional when loading the roof... Highly recommended...especially when muddy or just wet.
Standing on wet tubes isn't fun...

But if they are angled up 20* won't I be standing on the tube anyway? I'd planned on putting grip tape on them.

But if they are angled up 20* won't I be standing on the tube anyway? I'd planned on putting grip tape on them.

I stand on mine.

Grip tape on the tube would certainly help, but you are still balancing on a thin tube, rather than standing on a step.

Last edited:
The angle isn't as steep as one might think. I, and my kids, still find them to be pretty functional as a step.

I will also be putting grip tape on them, but I thought it'd be kinda interesting to run them without for a while to see where the foot prints were landing on the steps. This way I'll know where to put the tape.

Our Bud Built Step Sliders in bare metal with a kick out and diamond fill plate has arrived! These things are MASSIVE! That’s a size thirteen cleat for scale. Will be getting these monsters and the Aussie nudge bar line-x’d on Tuesday.
83BD081D-F507-4795-8017-A7861360B4D4.jpeg

Picked these up today from getting coated with line-x. Will try and get them on in the next few weeks. please excuse the messy garage.View attachment 1592221 View attachment 1592222 View attachment 1592223 View attachment 1592224

I've never seen line-x'd sliders before. Definitely looks nice.

I've never applied Line-x before & I'm curious what it will take to touch up the coating when it scrapes. Will you be able to touch up easily, or need to just paint...?

Well, we won’t be using these step sliders for the purpose sliders were created. These are for my wife’s LC and we are replacing her factory running boards after a minor accident. If we had these on when we got hit, it would have sent that Ford Focus straight to hell. We intend on using these more for a larger step/platform for my wife and our two younger kids to use entering and exiting the vehicle. Also it might help with mall parking lot damage too. I don’t think getting sliders intended for actual sliding(?) line-x’d would workout that great. I assume that it would peel off prettty easily. I think touch ups will come by rattle can paint or bed liner spray. Unless line-x warranty covers it.

Wonder what the line-x would to the fitting with that extra mm in thickness

So the lollipops are are pieces of the install package along with bolts and stuff? Should be interesting , mine will arrive soon also.

Well, we won’t be using these step sliders for the purpose sliders were created. These are for my wife’s LC and we are replacing her factory running boards after a minor accident. If we had these on when we got hit, it would have sent that Ford Focus straight to hell. We intend on using these more for a larger step/platform for my wife and our two younger kids to use entering and exiting the vehicle. Also it might help with mall parking lot damage too. I don’t think getting sliders intended for actual sliding(?) line-x’d would workout that great. I assume that it would peel off prettty easily. I think touch ups will come by rattle can paint or bed liner spray. Unless line-x warranty covers it.
As a guy with a fully line-X’ed 200, I think you made a solid decision for what you are doing with your truck. That’s why I like Bud, it’s about what works for you, not for the masses.

For touch up of line-X, it’s easily done, even on the truck, as where it will get scrapped of from a parking lot hit, will obviously be an area easy to cover when the sprayer. So a simple covering of the truck, and a quick shot of Line-X will take care of it in the future. For keeping them looking good, I highly recommend Just Once. I scrapped my fender area on a tree, and Just Once tints the Line-X to the rest of the line-x. It’s awesome.

There won’t be any fittment issues with the Line-X between the sliders frame plates and the 200 frame. The mounting design allows for frame variation, while locking down solidly across a huge surface area.

Can’t wait to see them mounted up.

I’m thinking of line-Xing just the fill plate of mine, I don’t know, might be too much line-x for my look, but man, what a step surface those will provide.

Last edited:
@Taco2Cruiser Any chance Bud may test and see if his sliders would also work on an LX or make some that are AHC specific if something is in the way?
I don’t mind cutting up my side steps skins just to retain the top plastic part but would be nice to know that things below would line up.

@Taco2Cruiser Any chance Bud may test and see if his sliders would also work on an LX or make some that are AHC specific if something is in the way?
I don’t mind cutting up my side steps skins just to retain the top plastic part but would be nice to know that things below would line up.
There actually has already been a prototype made, but it wasn’t strong enough for him. You could hi-lift the truck all day, but that’s not really a good test of sliders. They need to handle a 24” drop into a point and not deflect into the body for him to make them. So he’s got a plan, now it’s time to reengage.

Next project is the fail test the GX470 and 460 hidden winch mounts. They are done, just need to test. Then the final 200 rear bumper, then the 3rd gen Tacoma tummy tuck. So that probable next summer before the LX sliders come back around. @DeckerT4R has offered to help, just need more time in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom