My BudBuilt Sliders are on! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any ideas on how long the waiting list is? I just put myself on today for my 2020 Heritage.
We are averaging around 1-4 weeks. We have been building 6 pairs a week, for the last 15 months, but they get bought up before I can get them back from powder coating, so I've yet to be able to have any to load on the website.

I also hate lead times, but at the end of the day, these things take no less than 31 man hours to create a pair (that doesn't include programming and loading the laser to cut the frame plates, fill plates, end caps, backing plates, and lollipops. We built 24 pairs in one run and are going to just try and get ahead of all the possible orders once and for all.

I always call guys on the wait list first, so I'll probably be giving you a call next week.

We are averaging around 1-4 weeks. We have been building 6 pairs a week, for the last 15 months, but they get bought up before I can get them back from powder coating, so I've yet to be able to have any to load on the website.

I also hate lead times, but at the end of the day, these things take no less than 31 man hours to create a pair (that doesn't include programming and loading the laser to cut the frame plates, fill plates, end caps, backing plates, and lollipops. We built 24 pairs in one run and are going to just try and get ahead of all the possible orders once and for all.

I always call guys on the wait list first, so I'll probably be giving you a call next week.

Appreciate the info, Rob. And just to be clear, I wasn't knocking you guys for having the lead times. I just wasn't sure how long the leads were. Its clear from my short time on this forum that you guys have a superior product and are in high demand for a reason. You guys keep doing your thing.

Appreciate the info, Rob. And just to be clear, I wasn't knocking you guys for having the lead times. I just wasn't sure how long the leads were. Its clear from my short time on this forum that you guys have a superior product and are in high demand for a reason. You guys keep doing your thing.
No worries, I never though you were knocking us at all (text is always takes the human aspect out). I'm just all about transparency and wanted to show that we are... giving it all we got, while never compromising quality to rush them out the door.

Any more shots of those SCS wheels?
I looked back at that group of pictures and looks like that was the best view of those wheels on that particular 200 we built. Sorry, but you gave me an idea and I will start taking pictures of all these different wheels and lifts so I can reference them when someone asks for comparisons.

Sliders are now on. 3/8" is so thick, good lord. Please excuse the car (mid atlantic pollen + black == :( )
View attachment 2304030
View attachment 2304031
View attachment 2304032
View attachment 2304033

They have a nice subtle upslant, that should help slide off rocks. They also make the large side steps appear much smaller. Overall I was expecting them to be a bit more obnoxiously large, and they are not at all. Very happy so far. Now I just need the trails to open back up!

What’s your lift setup?

What’s your lift setup?

Nothing overly fancy. Basic Icon 2.5" lift, and 285/70/R18 Ridge Grapplers. Stock 2020 OEM rims (so no offset change). Basic alignment (nothing crazy as it pertains to caster). It rubs a bit on full lock in reverse, but nothing that really bugs me, or I can't drive around.

Waiting on the manufacture (already ordered) of Bud Built SS Skid Plates, and Updated Dissent Front Bumper (with bull bar, Comeup seal 12.5rs, and rigid fogs.) It takes a while to get the boutique parts, but it's worth it. My BB sliders, and shock guards are Brick s***house level!

-Chris

Nothing overly fancy. Basic Icon 2.5" lift, and 285/70/R18 Ridge Grapplers. Stock 2020 OEM rims (so no offset change). Basic alignment (nothing crazy as it pertains to caster). It rubs a bit on full lock in reverse, but nothing that really bugs me, or I can't drive around.

Waiting on the manufacture (already ordered) of Bud Built SS Skid Plates, and Updated Dissent Front Bumper (with bull bar, Comeup seal 12.5rs, and rigid fogs.) It takes a while to get the boutique parts, but it's worth it. My BB sliders, and shock guards are Brick s***house level!

-Chris

Looks great Chris! Did you by chance install your tires before the lift? If so - any issues fitting them then?

Looks great Chris! Did you by chance install your tires before the lift? If so - any issues fitting them then?

Nope, I did them at the same time.

I'd bet that size Ridge Grappler w/o a lift is in the Tire Database (200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database) as it seems to be a very popular size. I didn't look it up though.

-Chris

I finally got to complete the install of BudBuilt .120 DOM Rock Slider, non-dimpled (flat with holes) removable fill plates~ Rhino lined 🤙da-bomb👍 I watched the install vid by @Taco2Cruiser right here>>> youtube- BudBuilt LC200 Slider Installation, and again I watched it for the second time on my iPad as I was wrenching and doing circles on my creeper. Hard work 💪for sure doing it alone "solo style" but not too bad (easy to so-so) of a DIY install in my driveway. It took me around 6-7 hours to complete taking my time, watching Rob do the install, pausing & rewinding a whole bunch... It was a 👍👍 install experience plus I got to see and learn more about my 200 being underneath the cruiser most of the time.
Thank you Rob for creating that vid... Also thanks a bunch for the special build with the Rhino-lined fill plate-- I LOVE IT and can't wait to go rock sledding ;)
IMG_8717.jpg

IMG_8716.jpg
IMG_8714.jpg
IMG_8742.jpg
IMG_8743.jpg

Last edited:
What is the purpose of having it kick out like a 90's Nerf bar at the rear?

The kickout is great for tight rocky spots, it helps pivot the cruiser around the rock or tree or whatever... It also makes a really nice step for getting up to the top of the roof rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom