My BudBuilt Sliders are on! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dimples down here. below are the only two pics I have on me that remotely show the sliders. I went dimple down as like you I liked the look, but also, being by the beach, barefoot is gonna happen. Don't want any sliced feet. I haven't had any traction problems, but we aren't exactly in a wet climate. Kids are only 2 and 4 months, so have't had them on them yet.

View attachment 2204020

View attachment 2204025

First off, nice looking rig.

I asked Bud that specific question. “I like to be barefoot and so do my kids, are dimples up an issue”. Bud replied that are not sharp.
He was totally correct. Dimples up provided the traction needed and are not an issue being barefoot.

Dimpledown looks nice, but I chose diamondplate.

@KLF and @4gotalot I appreciate the feedback. I was wanting to hear from someone with dimple down plates because I like the way they look. My guess is... reading between the lines from both of your responses is that traction is not a strong suit of these sliders regardless of the plate designs. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks
I do think that my Bud Built step sliders with the kick out, diamond plate fill and matte finish has plenty of traction when I am just standing on the diamond plate itself. The reason I added 1 inch grip tape is that I think any sliders made by any shop could use more traction if your sliders are covers with mud, snow or ice and you are at some strange angle and reaching above the roof to move/cut a branch or loading something.

I also went with diamond plate because my dogs would be using the kick out as a launching pad up and into the back seat area. Dog feet are smaller than people feet.

Dimples down here. below are the only two pics I have on me that remotely show the sliders. I went dimple down as like you I liked the look, but also, being by the beach, barefoot is gonna happen. Don't want any sliced feet. I haven't had any traction problems, but we aren't exactly in a wet climate. Kids are only 2 and 4 months, so have't had them on them yet.

View attachment 2204020

View attachment 2204025
Thank you for the comment... this was helpful!

They also offer a textured finish. We went Dimple down, kick out and textured finish and have been very happy. They worked great in the snow with boots and the angle helps keep from sliding off as well.

Installing them alone was quite a chore but Rob was a great help by phone. Before installing I recommend calling them for a quick overview.
I hope this helps guys in the future. I'm new at doing videos, but I'll get better.

@Boomstick here's a video to bookmark for your install.

Haven't installed mine yet. I was thinking about line-x on the top...

My buddy that owns a detail shop had this wrap that was almost like grip tape for a skateboard but not nearly as abrasive. I put that over mine after finding the finish like yours to be a bit slick with wet boots/shoes. I would line-x them if I was you, the grip tape was much easier post install of the sliders.

Ordered up a set early January......Linex you say .....hmmm :D

I finished installing my die-up powder coated sliders yesterday. Rob’s video posted above is a must-watch (watch twice: once to be sure you have all the ratchet extensions and small tools, and a second time while actually installing).

I did use four jack stands instead of the ramps, since I was fearful of having the front wheels roll while jacking up the rear. I also did the job solo, which is really not too painful, though it does maybe increase the risk of dropping a massive piece of hand crafted metal on yourself.

The sliders’ quality is great, and the amount of care and work that went into the engineering is obvious. In-process and final results pictures are attached.

5F28896B-FD33-49F8-A4CF-894622DFFE2A.jpeg

2BF30F81-B33E-42F9-96A0-C5686C199853.jpeg

Mine are set to arrive tomorrow, with a new Line-X option right from Bud Built. We'll see how it goes. I dont envy the UPS man. 250lbs.

Mine are set to arrive tomorrow, with a new Line-X option right from Bud Built. We'll see how it goes. I dont envy the UPS man. 250lbs.
Arrived today. I asked Rob to pick whatever plate design he preferred, and I ended up with Dimple up, with Line-X from BB. Good lord are these beefy. I hope to get them on soon.

20200506_195907.jpg
20200506_195916.jpg

My Budbuilt sliders also have the plate (dimple down) welded to the tubes.

Perhaps Rob can chime in, but I think they are removable because they send them out to get Line-X'd. As far as I know, this is the first batch and we are gonna kinda test them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom