My BJ41 is ALIVE!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got my BJ41 going 2 fresh batteries, diesel and one broken ignition barrel later I got the steering back (no keys)

The 3.2 litre engine purrs and has some grunt drove it and being the first 40 I've driven was impressed it has that old tractor feel to it very happy.

My intention was to part it out to provide the bits for my 45 my plans may have just changed ;)

westjobbluebabiesbenchseat7.jpg

Ah. 4-wheeling action available right at your door! Paradise!

Fits my idea of Ireland more than Devon though. He he.

But then crawling under your vehicle in your driveway (like I do all the time) has its drawbacks :lol:

What year is your BJ41 and is the diesel badge on the grille "black sides with black lettering"? (I'm obsessed with these diesel badges at the moment because Keith/Diesel42 is manufacturing a batch in marine-grade aluminium alloy and we have some confusion over the official OEM colours for some of us.)

:cheers:

Ah. 4-wheeling action available right at your door! Paradise!

Fits my idea of Ireland more than Devon though. He he.

But then crawling under your vehicle in your driveway (like I do all the time) has its drawbacks :lol:

What year is your BJ41 and is the diesel badge on the grille "black sides with black lettering"? (I'm obsessed with these diesel badges at the moment because Keith/Diesel42 is manufacturing a batch in marine-grade aluminium alloy and we have some confusion over the official OEM colours for some of us.)

Devon is a very wet place compares well with Ireland

Not sure on year as I've no log book

And will take a pic of the badge for you next time I'm near it

So put the BJ running gear in the 45. best of both worlds

I'd thought about it but just about to buy a 60 series cruiser planning on jamming the engine into the 45 if it'll go and break the 60 to help finance the builds

Badge is green, trying to trace the year atm the chassis no. is 013083 can't find records of Jap domestic market trucks but assume it's 1980 plus as it has the 2b 3.2 diesel lump.
SDC10356.jpg

Badge is green....

Jeepers!

Well that's thrown a spanner in the works!

Here's me thinking they only came in out in either "matt black" or "dark red".

Thanks

-Tom

I'd thought about it but just about to buy a 60 series cruiser planning on jamming the engine into the 45 if it'll go and break the 60 to help finance the builds

Which model 60 series? Not that it matters all the 60 series engines will fit the 45, you might have problems with the 45 gearbox matching but the 60 series might have a 5 speed. Something will work but I am guessing you won't want an auto box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom