Builds My Backwoods Overland built URJ200 “Jolene”--- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First class build.

Looks phenomenal! Nick does great work!

Great build Jason, thanks for sharing!

Any photos of the turtleback all set up in camp mode?

The 200 tows the Turtleback like a champ. If you’re doing lockers please consider doing 4.88 gears. The guys at Nitro claim a good amount of MPG’s will return and you’ll experience less gear changes. Their 200 is also supercharged though so I’m not sure which mod helps more. I just got back from Ouray CO myself, ran Ophir twice.

View attachment 1751377
When you're towing the Turtleback, do you ever put it into cruise control on long stretches of highway? I found that in doing so, the truck would shift down 1 or 2 more gears than I would normally keep it at by just driving it myself...

Your truck be “Jolene”??

Well aw raat theyun... :hillbilly:

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much my truck takes me away from my wife...lmao.

Join the club... My wife calls “Bubba” my “other woman...” to which I always respond, “Hey, would you rather I find a real other woman?” And she says, “Nah...stick with Bubba.”

:princess::hillbilly: Works fer me!

Really nice build! QQ, what size KO3's are you running? I'm still on the fence with the KO's due to the smaller size they tend to run. Looking for a real 34" and am considering the KM3 285/75/17 but indications are they are barely 33's.

Really nice build! QQ, what size KO3's are you running? I'm still on the fence with the KO's due to the smaller size they tend to run. Looking for a real 34" and am considering the KM3 285/75/17 but indications are they are barely 33's.

Have you looked at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers? They recently came out with a 285/70/18, which I've been begging for for years. I just put some on last Spring, and I think they're the perfect size.

Have you looked at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers? They recently came out with a 285/70/18, which I've been begging for for years. I just put some on last Spring, and I think they're the perfect size.

I have been looking hard at them. I have RW's with 17" rims so evaluating the 285/75/17's. Right at 34". I suspect the KO3's in the same size will be 33's at best.

Gorgeous build!
We are also thinking of adding a Supercharger to our 200. Do you see the Supercharger as an advantage off-road? Most of the driving we do is slow around town or off-road. We are concerned about the long term impact of the Supercharger on the motor. What are your general thoughts on the Supercharger?
Thank you.

Gorgeous build!
We are also thinking of adding a Supercharger to our 200. Do you see the Supercharger as an advantage off-road? Most of the driving we do is slow around town or off-road. We are concerned about the long term impact of the Supercharger on the motor. What are your general thoughts on the Supercharger?
Thank you.

I think the reference was to a 200-series owned by the Nitro Gear company, not the OP or other posters. My 2 cents: the 200 has 381hp and 400lb-ft of torque. IMHO, the last think it needs is more power! Certainly not for driving around town and off-roading. *Maybe* if you are frequently towing 8500lb in the mountains of Colorado or Utah. But if then again, the LC may not the best choice for that type of duty (i.e., F-350).

I think the reference was to a 200-series owned by the Nitro Gear company, not the OP or other posters. My 2 cents: the 200 has 381hp and 400lb-ft of torque. IMHO, the last think it needs is more power! Certainly not for driving around town and off-roading. *Maybe* if you are frequently towing 8500lb in the mountains of Colorado or Utah. But if then again, the LC may not the best choice for that type of duty (i.e., F-350).
Oh Ok, I did not read through the thread carefully enough. Thanks for the advice, I agree with you.
We happen to own an F-350 to tow with. So the Supercharger is completely unnecessary for our purposes.

The 200 tows the Turtleback like a champ. If you’re doing lockers please consider doing 4.88 gears. The guys at Nitro claim a good amount of MPG’s will return and you’ll experience less gear changes. Their 200 is also supercharged though so I’m not sure which mod helps more. I just got back from Ouray CO myself, ran Ophir twice.

View attachment 1751377

“It’s not a 4Runner” sticker....link?

Took her up to Vermont this weekend and she did GREAT! More to come later.

C04D1884-7F72-4854-A781-11C3CBA70F4A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom