My attempt to post pictures.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

B- Starter contacts at 90K on mine
Replaced the Panasonic right at 6 years too :D

Jack- SOR is Spector Off Road. Probably the biggest source of Cruiser parts anywhere. Known for having everything and having a great catalog, but they will poke you shamelessley on shipping charges.

Thanks! I think I tried to access their website a couple of days ago and it didn't work. I will try again.

You've bought yourself a nice truck. That sticker is one I would buy for myself. I love it. I'm outnumbered here in the UK by Landrovers - at least 9 - 1. How about it Gumby. Can't you sell a IH8MUD / Landrover Rescue Team sticker? It could raise a lot of funds.

If you look at the sticker, it looks like it may be a custom job - someone bought the LR logo and then the lettering. Maybe not if it's on one 'sticker' I think the problem of a more formal 'group/entity' like IH8MUD making and selling these is that you may get an interesting letter from Land Rover (Ford) :slap:

Cheers, Hugh

Hugh has a good point. Our local LR club had a nice logo that was very similar to the LR logo. They got a letter notifying them that they were infringing on the LR copyright.

They changed the logo. Now if the LR legal eagles will do that to a club of LR lovers, think what fun they would have with Woody! :G

-B-

That may be so, but all they can do to us, as individuals, is ask us to remove them. Not only that, it would be a rare opportunity for someone that high up with LR to even see the sticker on your rig.

I thought about and contemplated not putting it on, then I said "To heck (no cursing) with them" and put it on anyways. To those of you that are interested in the stickers, I am going to send a Hail Mary email to the guy that bought them from. He likes to order in bulk because of the cost.

I think the rack is a custom. It has some rust and needs to be sandblasted and repainted. I know that a lot of companies "rust proof" their racks- this one wasn't.

That is a Garvin industries "wilderness" rack... They don't sell them full length for 80's, but since the 60 and 62 as well as 80's all have the same width rain gutters.... Voila

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat256b.tam?xax=9199

They probably could care less that it is rusted though. I was hoping it was from a company that states that it won't rust so I could get a new one for free :D

Oh well. I guess I will just get it sandblasted and repainted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom