My 80 vs my Bro's Heep JK Pic's and Video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brother and his family came to visit this weekend and we decided to do a little wheelin at JW Corbett wildlife mgmt area here in West Palm Bch Florida. It's been a wet winter and we tried to stay in the shallow areas. Here's a link to the pic's.

MobileMe Gallery

Here's a short video

MobileMe Gallery

Nice looking cruiser! Looks like fun. :)

Is that an ARB rack? What mounts did you use, I really like how low it is to the roof. THX

Man that looks like some "good clean fun." Dumb question but did you have water coming in the Land Cruiser at any point? Im just kinda getting an idea of how deep i can go without too much work afterwords. Thanks.

Is that an ARB rack? What mounts did you use, I really like how low it is to the roof. THX

Yes that's an ARB rack with the std mounting that came with it. I believe there's a little height adjustment to it and I've got it as tight to the roof as possible. Unfortunately, you can't really clean under there to well.

Man that looks like some "good clean fun." Dumb question but did you have water coming in the Land Cruiser at any point? Im just kinda getting an idea of how deep i can go without too much work afterwords. Thanks.

We played in a quite a bit of deep water all day. No water in the 80 but all my seals are good. The Jk had a little water in it due to the door seals not holding. You can see the water poor out from under his doors in the video. Here's a pic of one of the deeper areas we crossed. It's of the JK but it'll tell you what you want to know. Bottom line is this. Once you get to the wheel flares... you better not be there too long. FWIW - We're both running 35's and are sitting on +/- 3" of lift. That water is 42" deep.
JK submarine rev.JPG

My breathers are all extended. I'm hoping to wait until the next oil change. Do you think waiting another800 miles or so will hurt?

I wouldn't worry about it, but it's not my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom