My 450$ 500k mi Lc100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is what i ended up with. Really proud of it. Yeah it was a little work but worth it to run the clean Toyota. I’ll install it over the weekend when i get a chance. Post some pics when i get it on.

View attachment 2822100

View attachment 2822101

View attachment 2822102
That's excellent work man. I want to get the center garish for the TRD pro 4runner and use that to down across the center of the grille and put in place the L E X U S in the middle. Yours turned out really nice

Some small things. My center arm rest lid has always been free floating. Last owner broke it off the hinges and the quote for a new one was too expensive. Ended up welding it back on and dusting it. Happy to have a working arm rest lid!

Also the screws were missing to the cup holder lid. Got that plugged up too. Cleaned the mechanism and all is working now.

3ACD51D5-211E-4010-8B59-E60BF60BC6F2.jpeg

7A2F9DB4-FDB4-4119-A9C7-A9136BEBF908.jpeg

8CA218D6-B72A-472F-AD15-8B5F153882A7.jpeg

569E80B0-B8D6-4118-80BF-6639CF3947ED.jpeg

2B33EEF3-5A22-4D85-918B-9AAA0B952A0A.jpeg

That's excellent work man. I want to get the center garish for the TRD pro 4runner and use that to down across the center of the grille and put in place the L E X U S in the middle. Yours turned out really nice
I haven’t seen them. But I’m sure it can be done if it looks like it’ll fit inside. I actually have a Toyota Tacoma grill from 2018 i was going to chop and put inside the 100 grill but it didn’t line up. Maybe I’ll save that for another project.

Blown away. I looked at mine for something similar before going with the landshark. I don’t know how you pulled that off! Looks so good Dan
I was thinking about you Jeff. No offense at all but I’m glad i canceled my order to land shark. I wish we could of waited a few and i could make you one of these OE grills. I now have 3 grills. 1 ready to make for someone.

LCDan2, great build and restoration! Very impressive work. I've read most of your thread and might have missed it? What was the donor vehicle for the engine? Land Cruiser, Tundra, Sequoia, etc? I am looking at a high mileage LX470 that recently had a 147k Sequoia engine swap. It is a one owner that blew the engine when a heater tee let loose. Curious on your experience.

LCDan2, great build and restoration! Very impressive work. I've read most of your thread and might have missed it? What was the donor vehicle for the engine? Land Cruiser, Tundra, Sequoia, etc? I am looking at a high mileage LX470 that recently had a 147k Sequoia engine swap. It is a one owner that blew the engine when a heater tee let loose. Curious on your experience.

Hey Pint, i purchased the engine from a local company. But they usually don’t tell me what vehicle it comes out of. If i remember correct, it had about 137k miles on it. I could call them next week and ask if you really want to know what chassis it came from. I had a sequoia that i was going to use the engine from but something didn’t line up, i don’t remember what it was. I believe it was 2WD and not 4WD. I thought it’d still work, pulled the engine and ending up scrapping it. The diameter in the back was different. It didn’t matter anyway, it was a junker car that i had laying around. So no $ lost there, just time.

My experience so far. I love it and i haven’t had a hiccup yet. Well now that i think about it. my car had a misfire after the install. It ended up being 1 coil, but i figured I’d change out all the sparks and coils at that point. Since then it’s been allll good.

I’d say give it a nice test drive, and take it into a shop for a PPI. Ask them if they have a receipt for the engine installed or a contact. That way you’ll really know how many miles are on it.

G’luck on your search man! Keep me updated!

LCDan2 - I looked at the 2002 LX470 and it was very sketchy! I didn't even waste my time driving it. The engine swap looked good, but the guy couldn't produce any docmentation because his friend did it. The front bumper cover and both front fenders had minor damage which wasn't really a big deal other than I asked about it from the pictures I was told it was nearly perfect and the pictures were bad? Lots of other little issues that he brushed over. I didn't expect a perfect truck, but he is advertising it as nearly perfect for $16.5K. It has 268K with a 147K engibe transplant from a 2001 Sequoia. Looking at a 2003 LX470 with 277K today.

Now we’re onto the cool stuff.

Dobinson 2.5-3” lift, heavy springs, diff drop, torsion bars, upper control arms, extended sway bar links. Not going to lie, the rear struts kicked my ass. I never want to do those again. EVER.

Feel ya there, If you ever HAVE to do them again a 22mm gear wrench is your best friend.
Amazon product ASIN B01F5127DG
Rig is coming along crazy sexy man!!!

This is what i ended up with. Really proud of it. Yeah it was a little work but worth it to run the clean Toyota. I’ll install it over the weekend when i get a chance. Post some pics when i get it on.

View attachment 2822100

View attachment 2822101

View attachment 2822102
That grille mod needs to be pinned or something, that looks incredible! Wish I could do something similar for https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-450-500k-mi-lc100.1261216/page-6my LX 😔. I would love to figure out how to go fully badgeless like this:

D9214CBE-C8D5-404F-B9C0-2CCB962B245F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom