mushrooms in yard? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ahh darn I know from driving my mom-in-law's Saturn wagon that I don't really fit in them. the best I can offer is some fishing when you come down.
She had a blood vessel break in her noggin a few weeks ago so she spent a few days in the hospital making sure the bleed was done. Still a little loopy so this whole "I'd like to bring my car back to MN" idea may just be her head clearing up. We'll see.

But the fishing idea definitely has merit. :)

I've heard that you can plow the soil up and mix up all of the different fungi. Supposedly, they will fight amongst themselves and die out.

Sounds retarded, I know.

I've heard that you can plow the soil up and mix up all of the different fungi. Supposedly, they will fight amongst themselves and die out.

Sounds retarded, I know.
I'm taking advice from a guy with an avatar of a squirrel rocking a banjo. Nothing sounds retarded to me anymore. :flipoff2:

Winters coming. -30 and 10' of snow will handle them soon enough. :)

lol

ah - hah!!

Lawns: Fairy Rings, ring fungi, fairy rings

There are several options for managing fairy ring. When establishing a new lawn remove tree stumps, large roots,
and construction lumber prior to planting. When renovating an area that previously had fairy ring, be sure to
blend all the soil together, as different fairy ring fungi will attack each other. If several rings are visible at the time
of renovation, collect the white mycelia from each and mix it together, then spread it over the soil and work it in.
Lawns watered and fertilized on a regular basis tend to have fewer problems with fairy ring. In addition, large
quantities of water may be pumped into the soil in and around the rings using a root-feeder attachment to a
garden hose.

lol

ah - hah!!

Lawns: Fairy Rings, ring fungi, fairy rings

There are several options for managing fairy ring. When establishing a new lawn remove tree stumps, large roots,
and construction lumber prior to planting. When renovating an area that previously had fairy ring, be sure to
blend all the soil together, as different fairy ring fungi will attack each other. If several rings are visible at the time
of renovation, collect the white mycelia from each and mix it together, then spread it over the soil and work it in.
Lawns watered and fertilized on a regular basis tend to have fewer problems with fairy ring. In addition, large
quantities of water may be pumped into the soil in and around the rings using a root-feeder attachment to a
garden hose.

bullwinkle.jpeg

have you had a lot of rain?

winner - they did :doh:

I have had them off and on in wet years - they do not come back when the next year is drier

I have simply had them mowed down :meh:

I still don't get why the mushrooms are a problem? I think they are kinda cool and are good for the soil breaking down organic mater into a form your lawn can make use of.

I still don't get why the mushrooms are a problem? I think they are kinda cool and are good for the soil breaking down organic mater into a form your lawn can make use of.
Not really a problem. Just curiosity why they came up this year after almost 5 yrs of lawn and never having a single shroom. Thought it odd since this is the first time I've ever used a commercial fertilizing service.

The kids killed about an hour today out picking them so I guess they served a useful purpose. :)

Most likely the rain.

Yeah, hot and wet this summer more than normal, but I used to water the s*** out of the yard. Way too much I'm sure. Maybe it didn't like me being a tightass this year and wanted to make a point? :)

What you can do with a hose pales in comparison to the volume of water real rain can bring, especially if in long durations, rain will also bump the humidity much more than watering, fungus weather.

Agreed. We've had more hot muggy days this summer than I care to remember. My A/C has been on since April. Literally.

And from November til April my heat is on full blast.:flipoff2:

x2.

we get mushroom years every now and then. best had 7 different species sprouted: amazing, for this area.

depending on what type of "shrooms" they are you can probably tell local college kids about them and they will rid your yard of the mushrooms for no charge.

Well if they were THAT kind of shroom, I wouldv'e subsidized my Cruiser Fund a long time ago.(Or be A LOT less stressed about life in general. :)

We have 4 colleges in town. I'd need a bigger yard.

lol...in todays economy the safest way to invest your money is in illegal drugs....i only wish i were joking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom