multi vehicle oil weight? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick question for you. What oil weight, type, and brand do you recommend for a '79 FJ40 with 86k on it. Driven a couple of times a week, only occasionaly offroad. I would like to use the same oil on my '90 Ford F-150 4x4 with 120k if there is a suitable oil for both rigs. Thanks for the help.

muli vehichle oil weight?

How cold is it where you are?

I'm in Little Rock, AR for now. It's been around 40F. It gets about 90F in the summer

[quote author=Hercdriver link=board=1;threadid=11194;start=msg101308#msg101308 date=1076221366]
I'm in Little Rock, AR for now. It's been around 40F. It gets about 90F in the summer
[/quote]

you could run 10/30W year round without any problem others might differ. Brands depend on the person. I know those who swear by Penzoil and those who recommend the Quaker state blen for older engines. Read the FAQ posted above, it should help.

Thanks for the info. I have a bunch of 10-40 Castrol high mileage but I can always take it back and get something else. I'll do some reading up on it.

It was the Castrol High Mileage I was thinking of.

10/30W might be better. There are lots of opinions.

I think 5w-30's about the right stuff all the time - it's relatively thin cold so it coats the internals fast, and it's thick enough to work well warm, but not unnecessarily thick so it increases fuel consumption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom