MTB Moab & Camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information/advice's on a MTB trip I am making to Moab in September. We are just in the planning stages right now and are planning to camp in the Moab area and get some pedaling in.

Can anyone suggest a good camp ground or a place to camp in the Moab area. My 80 series is overland ready I would like to camp close to the trails if possible. That being said the 80 is capable of getting off the beaten path so are there some areas that I can drive to, set up a base camp and then bike during the day?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

C.

If you want BLM land...Hunter Canyon/Spring Canyon is a sweet spot. (Google Maps) The other spot is Kings Bottom Campgrounds (Google Maps)
They are right near Hymasa/Captain Ahabs trail...probably my favorite riding trail ever.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information/advice's on a MTB trip I am making to Moab in September. We are just in the planning stages right now and are planning to camp in the Moab area and get some pedaling in.

Can anyone suggest a good camp ground or a place to camp in the Moab area. My 80 series is overland ready I would like to camp close to the trails if possible. That being said the 80 is capable of getting off the beaten path so are there some areas that I can drive to, set up a base camp and then bike during the day?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

C.

my favourite wilderness spot is bride canyon which is almost the first left off gemini bridges road after navigating the shelf road and in a great isolated spot, but still fairly close to town. it's a box canyon and has some shade.

fyi, i don't know how many days you will be out there but a day pedalling at moab leaves me wanting a hot shower and then a meal out rather than a wilderness camp site, so i'd consider grabbing a cheap motel right in town instead. it is a hot dry place.

I'd go to fruita for mtb. The klondike bluff and soverign trails were built to compete with fruita.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom