MTB Moab & Camping

Discussion in 'Bicycling' started by shadowsixniner, Jun 15, 2018.

1. shadowsixniner

shadowsixniner

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information/advice's on a MTB trip I am making to Moab in September. We are just in the planning stages right now and are planning to camp in the Moab area and get some pedaling in.

Can anyone suggest a good camp ground or a place to camp in the Moab area. My 80 series is overland ready I would like to camp close to the trails if possible. That being said the 80 is capable of getting off the beaten path so are there some areas that I can drive to, set up a base camp and then bike during the day?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

C.

2. pheonix75

pheonix75

If you want BLM land...Hunter Canyon/Spring Canyon is a sweet spot. (Google Maps) The other spot is Kings Bottom Campgrounds (Google Maps)
    They are right near Hymasa/Captain Ahabs trail...probably my favorite riding trail ever.

3. NyNomad

NyNomad

Slickrock Campground

4. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
    my favourite wilderness spot is bride canyon which is almost the first left off gemini bridges road after navigating the shelf road and in a great isolated spot, but still fairly close to town. it's a box canyon and has some shade.

fyi, i don't know how many days you will be out there but a day pedalling at moab leaves me wanting a hot shower and then a meal out rather than a wilderness camp site, so i'd consider grabbing a cheap motel right in town instead. it is a hot dry place.

icorradoi likes this.
  5. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd go to fruita for mtb. The klondike bluff and soverign trails were built to compete with fruita.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.