MPH on my gauge clusters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ended up only needing a Level 1 inspection... and they didn't even bat an eye at the cluster. Passed inspection.

Now they want my Vehicle Export Certificate translated (even though it's a side-by-side English/Arabic document)... it was good enough for the Feds but not for AZ I guess.

Anyone have a good line on certified document translation?

I would accuse them of being racist, call CNN and report them. You’ll get your paperwork and a million dollars in 24 hours.:meh:
Honestly, I would try another office or go through a private title agency and see where that gets you.

I got the distinct feeling that it was purely a decision of the particular lady I had working with me... she just wanted a translation.

I was tempted to try another office as well. Private title agency... hmm...

Although I found a translator... i'll only cost me around $50 for my FJ40 and FJ75 document to be translated.

It's a bit absurd though... there are quantifiably more English words than Arabic on the whole document.

So I went to another MVD, North Phoenix, first thing this morning. Ran into another fiasco... this guy told me my side-by-side Arabic/English document was "perfect" and what they needed. But then he went down the rabbit hole of no EPA or DOT documents approving the car... "it's newer than 1972 and must meet DOT safety standards blah, blah, blah...". He also said I had to go back and do a Level 2 (the Level 2 guys told me only Level 1, and I have a passed Level 1 already). I finally gave up, took my docs, and left.

Then I went back to Scottsdale MVD later this morning. The guy was super helpful and I had my title, tag, and registration in 20 minutes.

Bottom line... all you need is the export certificate and CBP Form 7501. All my research said that, and in the end it proved true.

Sheesh...

I imported my FJ45 from down under, has kilometer gauge and is registered and titled in AZ. I went to the Scottsdale DMV and had no issues.
7339 E Paradise Ln, Scottsdale, AZ 8526
I've got the same questions about my Costa Rican HJ45...I've got a speedo with KPH...not sure what Florida will say at DMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom