mounting '75 bucket seats in a '70, question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the bucket seats and brackets from a '75 that I'm going to mount in my '70. the back brackets do not line up with any of the threaded holes, how'd you(those of you who have done this conversion) mount the back brackets, since that is above the part of the tub in which you cant access from underneath? If need be i will drill the holes and then cut out the metal weld a nut in place and then weld the metal back but i wanted to see if anyone did someonething different before i go cutting away at the tub.
Also, the tall back brackets go with the passenger's side seat correct?
Jim

Jim, I am in the same process right now with later 40 buckets in my 1970 40. What I plan on doing with the driver seat is using the existing bottom square bracket from 1970 and attaching that to the bottom of the new seat by welding/bolting with some flat stock.

My hope is to be able to retain the useage of the tool box in the stock way the 1970 seat can be unlatched and flipped toward the back of the vehicle.

Sorry I dont have photos, hopefully I will have it done in the next week or two. Its only been 5 years since i have had seats in the cruiser......

i drilled all the way through and used long bolts and nuts with 2x2 x1/4 bar stock with a center hole to make it stronger like a square washer good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom