most useless part of my 60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
farking 373's in my diffs. I CANT BUHLEE I LEFT THOSE IN THERE DURING MY ARB INSTALL!!! i cant go anywhere with those things! im eating my clutch up, and when i hi-rev my s***, im sure im doing harm there too. so, question... i like the little bit of highway top end i get, but its really not much to make a differance. so...

*should i bust back into em, and re-gear? or
*should i go ahead and drop dual transfers in?

heres a scenario tornadoallycruiser gave me, but sounds VERY $$$:

"I assume 2F since that's in your sig line..
You have Toybox, 2.28 and/or 4.7 gears
Swap Tranny to 16 spline and go Orion, 4.0 low instead of 2.28
NP203 doubler .. adds 2.0 to the mix
and Marks gears which I think there are 2 varieties."

what can i do to get this accomplished, and is there more than one way to skin a 60? -other sean

Last edited:
If you are running bigger tires you are gonna need at least 4.11's in the diffs IMO.

The toybox is definately bling. Last time I checked it was $1700 for the parts, plus you need to swap in a new output shaft in the tranny (which means tranny rebuild), plus you need to retube the driveshafts. Over all the best but most expensive option.

I myself am going to do the np203 crawler eventually. About 1100 for the adapters. the 203 should be pretty cheap. re tube driveshafts and make linkage. This will only give me 60:1. But I can use it with a H55f if I ever manage to buy one. Or I can use it with an auto tranny.

I have actually started giving a lot of thought into using mini driveline pieces. Marlin has a dual transfer case adapter for $339 right now.

So anyway to answer your question, yes re-gear and add a crawler box.

if you're not sure if you'll like the set up, sean, you can do it to my 60 first :D i'll be happy to be your ginnypig :flipoff2:

The low-gear 4 speed is ~$650 used. Gives you a much lower first gear, and still highway gears. Adding a used set of 4.11's will keep the total to under $1K, and help to save that smoking clutch...

I'd say double it up. If you go scrounge the part of the mini case from a yard you can save a little bit on the marlin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom