Most difficult Job on a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats crazy, i just went to the dealer and they did mine.
Yeah it's wild how some dealers just do it and others don't. Luckily I was pursuing it as a preventative measure while new tanks were still in the system. My truck was 100% drivable so I just stayed persistent, rejected the buyback offer and didn't take no for an answer until I found a dealer that would do it.

Removing, cleaning, and reinstalling the headliner.

Nothing else has been even close to as PITA, finicky, or delicate.

Leaf spring pins will yield to heat, muscle, and leverage. Getting filthy dirty is unpleasant but easy. Staying clean enough to do fabric is hard.

Yeah it's wild how some dealers just do it and others don't. Luckily I was pursuing it as a preventative measure while new tanks were still in the system. My truck was 100% drivable so I just stayed persistent, rejected the buyback offer and didn't take no for an answer until I found a dealer that would do it.
haha just curious, what was the buy back offer?

haha just curious, what was the buy back offer?
I honestly don't remember. I don't know if I even gave corporate an opportunity to give me a price, just said no when he brought up buying the truck back since they couldn't complete the recall.

Removing OEM rubber bushings from the leaf springs and hangers after 30 years. I was very close to lighting the truck on fire and calling the insurance company.
Ha I did literally burn mine out and cut the bolts with a grinder (didn't burn up the whole Cruiser though...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom