For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

I'm curious if anyone thinks this looks like a fair deal.

1677945693155.png

I'm curious if anyone thinks this looks like a fair deal.
I like that it's "unmolested". Besides the stereo, that is. It's been swapped out. Seat cover on the driver's side. Looks like some oil leaks, eh? Not surprising. Not any history or maintenance info provided in the add. Dunno, $20K? I would not be interested at that price. But ya never know how much wiggle room a seller has. There was a similar LX FS on the Big Island last year. The guy started off at $20K, then a few days later dropped the price to $10K. After that it was quickly snapped up.

I like that it's "unmolested". Besides the stereo, that is. It's been swapped out. Seat cover on the driver's side. Looks like some oil leaks, eh? Not surprising. Not any history or maintenance info provided in the add. Dunno, $20K? I would not be interested at that price.
Yea it seems like he wants summer 2021 prices still. I thought the market had softened quite a bit. Regardless I’m eager to get back into an 80 series.

In my opinion, if you're asking $20k in today's market for one that is stock like that LX, you need to show some value in the form of maintenance (with records).

Traded a $2500 Prius & $3000 cash for this 93 80 series, 149k mi. It runs decent, needs some maintenance. Check engine light comes on for a knock sensor. Sensors are new, so will need to track that down. There’s an Exhaust leak at the gaskets to the catalytic converters. Needs baselining of all fluids. Front Axle seals and bearings all need greased, and brakes inspected.

Paint is faded and minor body work and rust repair along passenger side rain gutter needed. Side steps very rusty; they need to be removed. The underbody and frame is rust free.

The velour interior was a very good 9/10. All 3 rows of Seats are immaculate, with only a couple cracks in the dash, and a couple wear spots on the carpet in the back.

Drivers window needs work, sometimes it hangs up and needs help. Other windows are slow from sitting around so many years I guess. Sunroof works flawlessly. It Needs A good paint job to really shine. Got to get rid of those wheels too...

6BBE3FE5-C25E-400F-9844-B2E329D691A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Traded a $2500 Prius & $3000 cash for this 93 80 series. It runs decent, needs some maintenance. Exhaust leak, and baselining all fluids. Paint is faded and minor body work and rust repair along passenger side rain gutter needed. Side steps very rusty need to be tossed, but underbody and frame is rust free. The velour interior was a very good 9/10. All 3 rows of Seats are immaculate, with only a couple cracks in the dash, and a couple wear spots on the carpet in the back. Needs A good paint job to really shine. Got to get rid of those wheels too...

View attachment 3270534
Looks good, but does it have a sunroof?

Traded a $2500 Prius & $3000 cash for this 93 80 series, 149k mi. It runs decent, needs some maintenance. Check engine light comes on for a knock sensor. Sensors are new, so will need to track that down. There’s an Exhaust leak at the gaskets to the catalytic converters. Needs baselining of all fluids. Front Axle seals and bearings all need greased, and brakes inspected.

Paint is faded and minor body work and rust repair along passenger side rain gutter needed. Side steps very rusty; they need to be removed. The underbody and frame is rust free.

The velour interior was a very good 9/10. All 3 rows of Seats are immaculate, with only a couple cracks in the dash, and a couple wear spots on the carpet in the back.

Drivers window needs work, sometimes it hangs up and needs help. Other windows are slow from sitting around so many years I guess. Sunroof works flawlessly. It Needs A good paint job to really shine. Got to get rid of those wheels too...

View attachment 3270534
I think you stole it unless there’s something much larger lurking beneath the beautiful exterior.

I don’t prefer your wheels; I’d replace with stock ones soonest.

I think you stole it unless there’s something much larger lurking beneath the beautiful exterior.

I don’t prefer your wheels; I’d replace with stock ones soonest.
Yeah, I really do not like the wheels either.

The only things I’ve noticed so far in driving it up and down the hill from sea level to 3000’ at highway speeds is that that it occasionally has a slight shift hesitation coming out of second gear that lets engine RPM’s jump 200 or so for a half second before it engages 3rd gear. It only does it under moderate load. Greater than 40% throttle and it shifts firm. Light load and it shifts fine. I put a bottle of Lubegard Platinum in it about a week and a half ago, and haven’t noticed the shift issue recently. Offroad and on the trail in the rain she did really well, albeit again limited by the crappy tires on cheesy wheels.
I want to redo all the heater hoses, though some were obviously changed after the head gasket failure that was remedied professionally 2 owners back.

The steering and suspension are all surprisingly tight and firm for a 30 year old vehicle. It seems to drive really well.
I really doubt it ever spent much time Offroad. The guy I got it from has a lifted and built FJ80 with a 4 speed manual conversion as his dedicated hunting rig.

Last edited:
Yeah, I really do not like the wheels either.

The only things I’ve noticed so far in driving it up and down the hill from sea level to 3000’ at highway speeds is that that it occasionally has a slight shift hesitation coming out of second gear that lets engine RPM’s jump 200 or so for a half second before it engages 3rd gear. It only does it under moderate load. Greater than 40% throttle and it shifts firm. Light load and it shifts fine. I put a bottle of Lubegard Platinum in it about a week and a half ago, and haven’t noticed the shift issue recently. Offroad and on the trail in the rain she did really well, albeit again limited by the crappy tires on cheesy wheels.
I want to redo all the heater hoses, though some were obviously changed after the head gasket failure that was remedied professionally 2 owners back.

The steering and suspension are all surprisingly tight and firm for a 30 year old vehicle. It seems to drive really well.
I really doubt it ever spent much time Offroad. The guy I got it from has a lifted and built FJ80 with a 4 speed manual conversion as his dedicated hunting rig.
I left Oahu in Aug. I could’ve sent them to you since I have an extra set!

This 3x locked, almost 300k mile 40th just sold for $31,250 not including the buyers premium. Looks like it had some rust in the wheel wells and some toasty clear coat on the hood and roof.

This 3x locked, almost 300k mile 40th just sold for $31,250 not including the buyers premium. Looks like it had some rust in the wheel wells and some toasty clear coat on the hood and roof.
I used to think looking for the cleanest high-mileage example was a good strategy for avoiding paying stupid prices for older "classic" 4x4s like this. Now apparently even those are going for FU prices. $30k for a 300k mile used Toyota is just preposterous.

I used to think looking for the cleanest high-mileage example was a good strategy for avoiding paying stupid prices for older "classic" 4x4s like this. Now apparently even those are going for FU prices. $30k for a 300k mile used Toyota is just preposterous.
Wholeheartedly agree. The pricing on these is gone bonkers

You don’t understand what classic Land Cruiser’s- especially the 80 series are up against. If you’re a rich person and you want a classic truck that will make you look cool and has off-road capability, your options are a Land Rover Defender, RR Classic, Bronco, Blazer, G wagon, or Land Cruiser. Not sure if you know, but all of those vehicles are pretty s***ty when compared to an 80 series. They can also be much more expensive compared to a nice 80 series in purchase price, maintenance and parts.

You don’t understand what classic Land Cruiser’s- especially the 80 series are up against. If you’re a rich person and you want a classic truck that will make you look cool and has off-road capability, your options are a Land Rover Defender, RR Classic, Bronco, Blazer, G wagon, or Land Cruiser. Not sure if you know, but all of those vehicles are pretty s***ty when compared to an 80 series. They can also be much more expensive compared to a nice 80 series in purchase price, maintenance and parts.
I see your point, but 30k still seems excessive for that truck. I mean if someone posted that for sale asking 31k on the classifieds or FB Marketplace, people would laugh and it'd sit for months. I've seen ones in similar condition/mileage struggle to sell for half that.

That's exactly what has happened with the Scout. I bought mine almost 10 years ago for next to nothing considering it was a NM rig with zero rust. All it took was a Scout to be featured in a couple of bro-country videos and maybe a commercial and now all the rich folks will pay through the nose for them and you can't find decent ones for less than $25k-$30k.

That's exactly what has happened with the Scout. I bought mine almost 10 years ago for next to nothing considering it was a NM rig with zero rust. All it took was a Scout to be featured in a couple of bro-country videos and maybe a commercial and now all the rich folks will pay through the nose for them and you can't find decent ones for less than $25k-$30k.
Add Scout to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom