For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

@sogafarm Ok, so I was actually about to post this up in here. Personally I’ve always preferred the 93-94 over 95-97. But generally, LC people seem to like the 95-97 best. Kind of amazed at the prices these 93-94’s are bringing lately. Can anyone think of a reason? Conditions are similar many times, as are mileage.
Looks like '93 is locked and the '97 isn't. Personally I like the 93-94 more for the dash layout and the front end.

The '93 has factory lockers and the '97 does not. That has become without question, the most important factor on sites like BaT. Not a good comparison.
So this has been said numerous times, but what if the lockers are aftermarket vs. oem. Would there be a difference in value with say a Harrop's front and rear locker or even ARB compared to an original k294 rig in price?

So this has been said numerous times, but what if the lockers are aftermarket vs. oem. Would there be a difference in value with say a Harrop's front and rear locker or even ARB compared to an original k294 rig in price?
I've got front/rear ARB lockers in and have been curious about this as well. I've read the arguments for each and it doesn't seem like there is one straight answer.

Would there be a difference in value with say a Harrop's front and rear locker or even ARB compared to an original k294 rig in price?
If we are talking about BaT and the like, there is no question and it's not even close. The irony is that Harrop's are significantly better, but that's not what matters from a valuation standpoint. Collectors on sites like BaT especially want factory original.

Black looks absolutely phenomenal on these cruisers. I'm in love. Factory lockers definitely drive up the price points.

I don't care if my opinion isn't popular but I think the "LAND CRUISER" badge also drives up the prices. I passively observe 80, 100, and 200 series now but when I was on the hunt for a new LC, the Lexus badge was always cheaper when comparing apples to apples.

Send spears my way.

If we are talking about BaT and the like, there is no question and it's not even close. The irony is that Harrop's are significantly better, but that's not what matters from a valuation standpoint. Collectors on sites like BaT especially want factory original.
If I were to sell I think I'd just wire in my ARB lockers into a factory locker dial (using the Wits End kit). Would help it sort of "check" the triple locked box.

Black looks absolutely phenomenal on these cruisers. I'm in love. Factory lockers definitely drive up the price points.

I don't care if my opinion isn't popular but I think the "LAND CRUISER" badge also drives up the prices. I passively observe 80, 100, and 200 series now but when I was on the hunt for a new LC, the Lexus badge was always cheaper when comparing apples to apples.

Send spears my way.
I hate black on 80s lol. But you are correct that the LC branding is one of the several things that effects value, anyone who would "send spears your way" isn't being realistic. There are dozens of factors these days that effect values positively or negatively and the Lexus vs. Toyota badge is certainly one of them.

Send spears my way.
The 94 is Dark Emerald Pearl or 90s Green as I like to refer to it as.

Lockers are bigger in the collectible condition Cruisers, like anything else in the collector world, factory equipped with more or all popular options equals more money. Frankly, when I build another adventure 80, I will add Harrops and the factory switch to an unlocked one.

The LX’s are a great buy if someone is looking for a driver, not as collectible, but just s good. Someone used the Mustang and Cougar analogy, probably close.

All my opinion of course!

Still, it seems like it’s been pretty consistent lately. Like condition and optioned 93-94’s are going stupid high.

A tale of two fzj80's. Both are black and have miles in the 130k's. Guess which one is gaining the most bids.
well the 93 is actually green but it is also very very well presented in photos and in its overall detailing. The black one is also very original but has had a very poor prep job and has been buffed by an idiot who got too agressive with the wheels and scuffed up the rubber moldings, mudflaps and who knows what else.

I like the 97 40th I have for the newer dash and the OBD2. You can always change out a grill and valance to retro /backdate one.

Still, it seems like it’s been pretty consistent lately. Like condition and optioned 93-94’s are going stupid high.
I would agree the 93/94’s have been surprising to me as well, being said there have been more nice examples of earlier ones in the market than I anticipated.

I would agree the 93/94’s have been surprising to me as well, being said there have been more nice examples of earlier ones in the market than I anticipated.

I know, my ‘94 is not in super great condition, but I chose it over a newer, sub 100k mile ‘97 LX450 in pretty dang good condition. Just not a fan of the later dash and such. Very surprised at how many nice 93-94’s were seeing.

The 94 is Dark Emerald Pearl or 90s Green as I like to refer to it as.
Yes, the 93 has been painted black....you can see they didn't do the door jambs. Still looks good. It's all the buyer's perception and buyers can be fickle. 450 vs LC, factory locked vs open vs aftermarket.

I give up on guessing this new market, this isn't a Landcruiser but it's indicative of a crazy market. These usually go for under $5k. I sold one 5 years ago for $1500.:bang:

I give up on guessing this new market, this isn't a Landcruiser but it's indicative of a crazy market. These usually go for under $5k. I sold one 5 years ago for $1500.:bang:
I wonder what my mercedes 560 is worth?
Im definitely keeping my FZJ80

20200306_112850_HDR.jpg

I bought mine on Sunday on BaT not knowing they even had auctions that end on a Sunday...and it was 6 miles away so no shipping. I paid $17k +5% so $17850 for a heavily used but rust free Texas '96 Lexus unlocked with a new leather interior (front and back), new 2" lift, new OME springs, and steering stabilizer, new Specter bushings, new Ironman 4x4 front bumper, new Motegi Trailite wheels, new 35" Yokohamas. Seller was a mechanic and completed the following: replacement of the engine seals and gaskets, tie rods, steering gearbox, shocks, springs, rear driveshaft U-joints, front brake pads and rotors, as well as a rebuild of the front axles. Service in 2020 included replacement of the front crankshaft seal, pulleys and belts, head gasket, oil pan gasket, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, and valve cover gasket....and a nice new touchscreen bluetooth stereo and keyless entry and pushbutton ignition (I know weird right?). And the best news of all is that the engine got a top end job from the previous owner, so even though the miles are higher than I would have liked, it feels like I am ok with what I spent.

So this guy did $10k worth of required mechanical work and then bolted on $10k worth of pretty nice stuff and I got it for $17k.

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_1357.PNG

IMG_1359.PNG

IMG_2533.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom