For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

Now I'm wondering about what @FMC80 is saying about the value. Maybe looking in Hawaii for a nice clean Cruiser might not be a bad idea. If you can get a clean, rust free, no issues truck there that is 5 to 10k under what it might be worth in the mainland it would be worth having it shipped.

They’re catching on here too. The prices are ratcheting up everywhere, but trying to find a clean rig here is going to be difficult.
I have nothing against the LX but they typically don’t fetch the dollars of the LC badge. This is true across the 100/200 series as well.

I just saw on Facebook this 4K mile example sold for $170,000 at a Carmax auction. No lockers. Looks to be pretty minty. Strange how there’s a turbo decal on the rear quarters.

C435DB90-6C91-4D81-9090-C8C9210A5CDF.png

It looks like a mechanical hourmeter.

The truck looks like a 4K mile rig, just so many questions about its back story and trip through the JC Whitney catalog.
if it was a 6M1, it would’ve sold for $1500. :flipoff2:

They’re catching on here too. The prices are ratcheting up everywhere, but trying to find a clean rig here is going to be difficult.
I have nothing against the LX but they typically don’t fetch the dollars of the LC badge. This is true across the 100/200 series as well.
Man, don't be hating bougie LXs.

I love bougie LXs...especially ones with rod knocks that sound like rapid machine gun fire.
Hey, in the spirit of this thread ... it only cost me $500 with ZERO rust.

Its hard to get a read on value for these trucks. I've had two people wanting to buy mine, but have no idea the right price for it. I'd love to get fellow Mudders' perspective:

1997 LX450
191K miles, factory triple locked
Baselined, along with a new battery, OEM alternator, and new Toyota Red coolant
Paint is ok, but not fading or peeling (Its black)
Dobinson lift, slee caster plates, IPOR belly pan, 4X4Labs rear bumper, WKOR sliders and some Witts End goodies inside.

Its a strong running truck with no issues. A/C may need some attention since on super hot days it can't keep up.

Thoughts? I'm not looking to sell for the hell of it, but I also don't want to let it go (if I sell) for lower than its worth in this market).View attachment 2748156View attachment 2748157

In this market I'd say it's a $20-$25K truck. If you get it cleaned up real well, paint corrected and fix the AC you'll get at least $25k I bet. Under 200k mi is another good selling point.

I don't think the 80s are less in Hawaii, if anything they would be more.
I had someone call for my 94 FZJ80 for sale, from the main island, he paid for an inspection, all was great, until he got his shipping quote.
He decided to go Gladiator instead that was local.

$14,500 now with 30 minutes to go.

40th AE coming up in 4 days. Very nice color, 256k. Some rust on undersides. Well maintained.

So the previous '94 went for $39,750 + fees yesterday.

Here's the cleanest 80 that I've seen on BAT and makes the $136k one a few weeks ago look used. Already at $20k with 6 days left. 1995 Fully locked, 174k miles. This one will break some records for the higher mileage crowd.
Yup that was a nice cruiser. Looked very clean all around it. Investment level truck.

Yup that was a nice cruiser. Looked very clean all around it. Investment level truck.
Yeah, someone got a great deal at $34K on that one. I was thinking it would bring quite a bit more with 4 active bidders at the end, but then crickets.

40th AE coming up in 4 days. Very nice color, 256k. Some rust on undersides. Well maintained.
Went for $17k. Possibly due to being high miles and ending on a Monday with no competing bidders at the end. Nice deal for the winning bidder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom