For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Thoughts on pricing?

I'm looking at a 2014 LX with 95k miles later this week. Following ratings are all from pictures obviously as I haven't seen it in person yet.
9.5 Interior
9.0 Exterior
8.5 undercarriage

Priced at $30k seems fair but it has some unknowns. It's been in and around NYC most of it's life so rust is a concern but the undercarriage pictures look abnormally clean. No wool wax or fluid film so nothing is hidden which is nice. Looks like a typical "one Maine winter" vehicle so I can deal with that. First owner had it at the Lexus dealership for everything for the first 33k miles then it was sold and maintenance is unknown so that's a bit concerning. It's at a small local used car dealership so no luck getting info from the second owner. One minor to moderate front end accident shows up on Carfax and the front bumper might have been repainted or replaced. I'll check for VIN tags on fenders and such.

The issue with buying a used vehicle is that you don't know if it's a good deal until you're two years into ownership. I think I'm in for a surprise either way, I'm just hoping it's a good one.

Thoughts on pricing?

I'm looking at a 2014 LX with 95k miles later this week. Following ratings are all from pictures obviously as I haven't seen it in person yet.
9.5 Interior
9.0 Exterior
8.5 undercarriage

Priced at $30k seems fair but it has some unknowns. It's been in and around NYC most of it's life so rust is a concern but the undercarriage pictures look abnormally clean. No wool wax or fluid film so nothing is hidden which is nice. Looks like a typical "one Maine winter" vehicle so I can deal with that. First owner had it at the Lexus dealership for everything for the first 33k miles then it was sold and maintenance is unknown so that's a bit concerning. It's at a small local used car dealership so no luck getting info from the second owner. One minor to moderate front end accident shows up on Carfax and the front bumper might have been repainted or replaced. I'll check for VIN tags on fenders and such.

The issue with buying a used vehicle is that you don't know if it's a good deal until you're two years into ownership. I think I'm in for a surprise either way, I'm just hoping it's a good one.
Seems like a fair price. North East trucks IMO tend to get beat on. Bumpers are usually trashed, door dings, and rust. That said, you might be pleasantly surprised. Best way to tell is to sit in em. I’ve seen lots of trucks look good on paper and terrible in person. Usually those trucks are at the small corner dealership. Lots of crappy cosmetic cover up paint on exterior and interior. You can spot them quickly.

Seems like a fair price. North East trucks IMO tend to get beat on. Bumpers are usually trashed, door dings, and rust. That said, you might be pleasantly surprised. Best way to tell is to sit in em. I’ve seen lots of trucks look good on paper and terrible in person. Usually those trucks are at the small corner dealership. Lots of crappy cosmetic cover up paint on exterior and interior. You can spot them quickly.
Thanks. A repainted bumper isn't a deal breaker for me as it is a 10 year old vehicle, as long as it appears to be quality work. Ultimately, I'm hoping it's either a diamond in the rough or a complete POS with a nice detail job. It's the ones in the middle that scare me. They look good, smell good, drive good, then go to crap after the paperwork is signed.

I’m looking at a 2014 LC with 128k miles that spent 7 years in Michigan before coming out West. Pricing seems reasonable at $36k, but trying to decide if I want to make the 2 hour round trip to look at it. Exterior and interior present themselves really well. Under hood and under body honestly don’t look any worse than my 2008 FJ that has lived outside (better than DeMuro’s).

I know to buy the latest and best within my budget, but I also realistically k ow it will be parked 100% outside and most mileage will be put on weekend trips between LA and Mammoth so not exactly looking for a cream puff either.

Anything I should be concerned about here? I’m on the fence with this one, I’ve seen worse with 100% CA history.

IMG_6492.jpeg
IMG_6439.jpeg
IMG_6441.jpeg

IMG_6440.jpeg
IMG_6436.jpeg

I’m looking at a 2014 LC with 128k miles that spent 7 years in Michigan before coming out West. Pricing seems reasonable at $36k, but trying to decide if I want to make the 2 hour round trip to look at it. Exterior and interior present themselves really well. Under hood and under body honestly don’t look any worse than my 2008 FJ that has lived outside (better than DeMuro’s).

I know to buy the latest and best within my budget, but I also realistically k ow it will be parked 100% outside and most mileage will be put on weekend trips between LA and Mammoth so not exactly looking for a cream puff either.

Anything I should be concerned about here? I’m on the fence with this one, I’ve seen worse with 100% CA history.

View attachment 3592954View attachment 3592955View attachment 3592956
View attachment 3592963View attachment 3592964
It looks good underneath IMO. Maybe not as pristine as a Southern California rig but nothing like most rust belt or NE vehicles that old. I’d go take a look.

There is zero corrosion on that car.

Not a terrible deal in my mind, pretty fairly priced. Not a ton of movement in this space right now, the 100K+ mile ones are sitting around a fair bit of time so potential for it to come down a bit more with negotiation. Does look better than expected for a Michigan truck!

Im a long time lurker on these forums and i stumbled on this ad for a very high-mileage 2017 Land Cruiser. I dont know if its been posted already, but any thoughts on condition/pricing?

Looks like its on the road to 1M miles...

Just for reference, I help 2 friends with 200 purchases in the last 3 months. 1st was a 2021 1 owner trade in with 31,000 miles in Arkansas. $82,500 out the door. White with dark brown leather. Very clean truck still and still under warranty. 2nd was a 1 owner 2021 with 15,kkk miles out of Texas for $86,000. Also white and dark brown leather. Both of these owners will drive these truck for many years so what I felt was a slight premium for the miles was worth the price. Both trucks look new.

Thanks for sharing. I meant to reply to this after you posted. This is very in line with what I was seeing on 20/21 white on brown with 20-30k miles. Massively impressive to be holding so close to sticker.

There’s a big white on brown tax at the moment, especially for last 2 years of production and low miles. They’re not far off heritage asking prices.

Im a long time lurker on these forums and i stumbled on this ad for a very high-mileage 2017 Land Cruiser. I dont know if its been posted already, but any thoughts on condition/pricing?

Looks like its on the road to 1M miles...
I am not sure how to value this, since it is such a high mileage example. Given that an 08 with 270K went for $13K on BaT, I would have to imagine that 330K is going but 10 years newer is going to net more, but not $20K more. I would pass. $30K gets you a decent 2013 vintage with half the miles.

Thanks for sharing. I meant to reply to this after you posted. This is very in line with what I was seeing on 20/21 white on brown with 20-30k miles. Massively impressive to be holding so close to sticker.

There’s a big white on brown tax at the moment, especially for last 2 years of production and low miles. They’re not far off heritage asking prices.
I have a 2018 white on brown w 32k miles I’d let go for pretty close to sticker. Full disclosure I’ve but 17k of the 32k in the last year. No start/stop, no entertainment screens, automated rear hatch switch works ( I think I read where 2016,2017, maybe early production 2018 didn’t have that feature programmed). Nothing wrong with it, just downsizing and moving into a tighter season of life and don’t necessarily need a $70k+ suv sitting in the driveway (I work from home now). I’m in AR for reference and it has history in AR & NC only, absolutely 0 rust.

Depends on interior condition too, could be a good price. 08 with 200K had been hovering around $20K up to $25K but that’s getting a bit high in the price point.
Tan interior. There are a few on carguru under 20k.
Did have seat covers, so seats are prob not great. Person did there own maintenance

A one owner 248K miles 2008 was sold for $12K
VIN: JTMHY05J885001330

Feels like quite a good deal to me, although I think this falls into the "right price" pre-COVID pricing, so guessing this is where things will return. Will see what happens with modded trucks, but this feels about right for the high mileage LCs.

Feels like quite a good deal to me, although I think this falls into the "right price" pre-COVID pricing, so guessing this is where things will return. Will see what happens with modded trucks, but this feels about right for the high mileage LCs.

Not a lot out there for sub 15k, i wanted an 80 series but 15k in an 80 means it will still need work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom