For Sale Most recent 100 series prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s try this again, prior thread deleted, I assume they want to keep it clean, there was no explation given.

If you have sold a 100 series recently and want to share what you paid with details on truck this will be helpful for potential buyers currently looking.

This thread can be helpful for buyers looking to understand the market and different factors that come into play on pricing.

Please stay on topic!

I recently sold 2004 LX with 176k for 12,500. Truck was 9/10 on condition with full service records. Southern Vehicle no rust.

Last edited:
I sold my cruiser with intentions of buying another one with a 5 speed in a couple of years. I regret selling it at this point, pricing is ridiculous. Even a well maintained sub 200k mile hundy will require continual repair expense and headache. These things are just at the age where it's inevitable. At current pricing and general condition I will instead buy a 200. The majority of 200's have not even been wheeled yet. Seems like thats the smart money.

I have a built 100....”Slee and Arb with lift”. It’s not like some of the rigs yet it’s not just oversized tires. I’ve had 3 cruisers now in last decade. A 40,a 80 and this 100. My cruiser had been a grocery getter for a women and is the cleanest example I’ve ever seen to this day. I really thought it was exactly what I wanted. However it’s not exactly what I needed. A excellent SUV with all the capabilities I should ever use.
What I need is a stock height 100. I’ve been looking and have contemplated selling mine. In this market- a clean exceptionally well maintained cruiser can get some serious money. The only problem is replacing it. It’s freaking crazy to think of spending what some are asking. I can just put it back to stock height and call er a day compared to selling and replacing a 100. I suppose I’ll keep listening to how tall my cruiser is from my better half, and how difficult it is to lift kiddos into it. Or how I don’t need a lifted cruiser to drive daily.
Anyhow- sorry to ramble, yet I really am shocked at what some adds are asking for a slightly maintained 100 with a lot of miles on it. Guess I’ll just keep Cruising on ! Carry on gentleman, good thread.

View attachment 2609039

View attachment 2609040

View attachment 2609041

Your truck is cleaner than any 100 series has any right to be!
As you are well aware any cruiser you buy, no matter how well maintained it is claimed to be, will need some baselining. I'd say smart it'd be smart to just put 32" street tires and use it for daily duties.

Really? I mean it is still $20k for an 03!
That listing is a scam. That’s my truck that I posted briefly last fall and had second thoughts. Runs flawlessly but it does have some undercarriage rust. i had it checked out by my mechanic and she’s sound. Love driving it! I contacted Autotrader about the post and it and never received a response🤷‍♂️.

I think the surge in expedition vehicles are something that Covid produced as a bi product. I dont see that fading out any time soon. Go to any restaurant, pretty minimal amount of people. Not sure that will change anytime in near future, regardless of anything. People want to get out, camp- explore and do that in a Rv or overland vehicle. I don’t see that being a thing of the short term shut down society, certainly not 2021. Mask- social distancing and getting away from people is what will keep the overland community growing.
Good quality 100 series are holding values. Many people can’t afford a $30K+ 200 then $ to build it out. The next best thing is a 180-250k mile 100 series. It’s that simple. A $16-25k 100 and extra to slightly build it gets the family on the trail and out of the house. Not like the 100 series isn’t worth it, there are 40 & 60 series still out and about- a 80 or 100 will be out there a long time. Plus a 100 has A lot of air bags! Something a family will consider. Prices are up there for sure- yet they will go the distance. I agree a 200 series is tempting yet it’s not like those are cheap either

Just my .03 cents

Saw a local 2006 LX. 190K miles. Asking $16800. All stock.

1 owner car. All Lexus receipts. Does need the 180k timing belt service, its overdue.

Also passenger mirror motor and driver door window motors seem to be going out.

Too high? Just right?

1 owner car. All Lexus receipts. Does need the 180k timing belt service, its overdue.

Too high? Just right?
Fair price, but definitely beat them up on the timing belt.

Have to agree with Land Caesar. While I understand that for those that can it's becoming a tough decision between a 100 and 200, most buyers don't have an additional $5-10k to drop on jumping up to a 200. My wife and I considered it recently but I'd rather sink $5-10k into my LX470 than jump up to an LC200/LX570. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Too high? Just right?
That's a pretty fair price even with the needed TB service. If it ticks all your other boxes and you can get them to do the TB on the house I'd jump on it. Even if they don't wiggle on the TB I'd still consider it (assuming it ticks ALL your other boxes).

That's a pretty fair price even with the needed TB service. If it ticks all your other boxes and you can get them to do the TB on the house I'd jump on it. Even if they don't wiggle on the TB I'd still consider it (assuming it ticks ALL your other boxes).
I like the 1 owner , all records, 06-07 rear led

i don’t mind buying it and doing the TB service myself

I like the 1 owner , all records, 06-07 rear led

i don’t mind buying it and doing the TB service myself
I bought a 2006 with 145k miles, multiple owners, and pretty weak records (by MUD standards, at least) last year for $18.5. Personally, I think that truck is easily worth asking as is in this market. Unless it's like Sand Dollar Pearl or something... (Sorry, SDP owners....)

I bought a 2006 with 145k miles, multiple owners, and pretty weak records (by MUD standards, at least) last year for $18.5. Personally, I think that truck is easily worth asking as is in this market. Unless it's like Sand Dollar Pearl or something... (Sorry, SDP owners....)
Funny i was actually looking for SDP, but it isn’t:)

Do the power windows and power mirrors go out on the 100?

Funny i was actually looking for SDP, but it isn’t:)

Do the power windows and power mirrors go out on the 100?

Ha! Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Power window/mirror issues aren't something I'm aware of but I'm fairly new to LC ownership so someone else might chime in to the contrary.

Too high? Just right?
considering I see 25K prices for similar vehicles I'd say that's very fair. TB or not. If that's me, I'm starting negotiation at 14,000 with an envelope full of cash.

I bought my 2000 a year ago with 230k miles for $5,500, all stock.

It was a small time car dealer selling it for a buddy and it looked like it had sat for a while.

After looking it over, everything worked and there was some minor rust on the rear lift gate which I easily fixed and painted.

Not knowing the maintenance on it I went ahead and did the timing belt, water pump, belts, brakes, tires, and all new fluids right off the bat.

Mirrors and windows work slow up here in the north at around 10 degrees. My 100 driver window seemed slow and I didn’t look at my outside temperature. I was immediately thinking- who and where to source the motor from. Oem or aftermarket this time? I’m a Oem guy 9 out of 10 as most are I’m sure, yet that I may do aftermarket.
When I got home I started looking at the door and what it will take to repair this little project that is now on my mind. As I turned to look at my Driveway covered in snow and the snowblower needing some gas... I want to my military 5 gallon container and then it clicked! Turned key and read 8 degrees Outside temp on my dash. I thought let’s see how it does in the spring.
Now it works just fine. I’ll keep an eye on it- yet the Toyota’s I’ve had always did better in the warmer climates, not the frozen tundras I’m in 3 months of the year.

36679C3C-5C84-4D8F-9A75-3123219C2D4C.jpeg

Rust seems to be the value killer. If it's rusty, it takes away from the value big time.

I am trying to sell my 2003. It is rust free. Montana/Wyoming truck all it's life. Garage queen. I'd think it would get top dollar.

I helped a friend pick up a clean 04 LX470 with 159k miles with great service records for $15.5k I met the seller and test drove for my friend who is out of state. I think both parties came out pleased

Is demand slowing down? it is not...

Not refuting that demand is still high and potentially growing, in the near term... However, I think it is going to be interesting what happens in the next 1-2years if oil prices keep climbing and all the people that bought LC/LXs (in the last 1 year) with plans to “explore” end up just driving the vehicle back and forth to work at 12-16mpg and get tired of filling the tank. If people stop buying gas guzzlers in response to rising fuel costs I could see the market being saturated with private sellers who didn’t end up exploring plus all the small car dealers and flippers trying move vehicles the general public no longer has the affinity most of us on this site have for the LC/LX... I may be out to pasture here but the meteoric rise in value across 100 and 80 series in just the last year doesn’t seem to mesh with the historic steady state climb in value (due to demand by enthusiasts) they had been experiencing prior to the pandemic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom