For Sale Most recent 100 series prices (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s try this again, prior thread deleted, I assume they want to keep it clean, there was no explation given.

If you have sold a 100 series recently and want to share what you paid with details on truck this will be helpful for potential buyers currently looking.

This thread can be helpful for buyers looking to understand the market and different factors that come into play on pricing.

Please stay on topic!

I recently sold 2004 LX with 176k for 12,500. Truck was 9/10 on condition with full service records. Southern Vehicle no rust.

Last edited:
1999 LX - 204k. Listed at 5500, drove and looked nice but had to gamble on underside condition as it had just snowed so can't check for leaks and stuff. New tires in back but fronts a little worn, so got him to knock it down further. Listed on a Sunday morning, I got there first, right before another member here, and while we talked he got like 3 phone calls on it. Hence I bit the bullet without an inspection. Time will tell right - but seems like I got lucky on it - had let several good ones slip through my fingers the previous few months. The wide variance in prices on these makes it really hard to gauge - I saw some just waaayyy overpriced, but someone eventually would buy them and they would disappear. Wanted a Land Cruiser, but I do really like the folding mirrors when pulling into the garage. Oh - addition - in the add the seller had said they just had the timing belt done in the spring - huge selling point. Turned out his wife placed the add - they had the brakes all replaced, not the timing belt.. However - brakes are pretty good, and its still 20k away from the next TB, so I kind of let it slide. I would have tried to talk him down more because of that but he was getting so much interest that I said screw it and paid up.

Last edited:
Seems like a pretty decent price considering mileage. What is service history like on it? Assuming that you got there and no issues with AHC.

Seems like a pretty decent price considering mileage. What is service history like on it? Assuming that you got there and no issues with AHC.
[/QUOTE

AHC tested fine - Up and down and saw about 8 gradients on the reservoir. Service history honestly wasn't the best. TB back at 126k, some oil changes. I was pretty nervous leaving it at the shop that there would be something big, but had all the fluids changed out as well. Middle of the road deal, some better some worse. It's mine now though, so no looking back.

Do any of these sound like good deals:

2000 LX with 185k, southern truck, no rust, lots of service records but will need timing belt in a year or so, Pioneer headunit, aftermarket exhaust, minor wear consistant with age, sunrood doesnt work = 10k

2004 LX with 212k, northern truck, some rust but not crusty, not as many service records but timing belt was just changed and recent check out at Lexus said it was good. Minor wear consistant with age, sunroof works = 11.5k with me traveling to go get it

Do any of these sound like good deals:

2000 LX with 185k, southern truck, no rust, lots of service records but will need timing belt in a year or so, Pioneer headunit, aftermarket exhaust, minor wear consistant with age, sunrood doesnt work = 10k

2004 LX with 212k, northern truck, some rust but not crusty, not as many service records but timing belt was just changed and recent check out at Lexus said it was good. Minor wear consistant with age, sunroof works = 11.5k with me traveling to go get it

Not to me, maybe ~8 and ~9. Keep searching, you will eventually find a non-rust southern truck with impeccable service records that come in on a trade. I think those trucks are the best bargains because dealers have the most wiggle room and folks who trade in might be more inclined to service at the dealer too.

At that price, you’ve got a lot of room for bringing it back to life if it needs some help. Good find.
That's what i figured. I was hoping to stay under $8k before repairs and mods, now I could throw in a used engine and still be under 8k

Ahhh screw you dude! I saw that at midnight and emailed him less than 30 minutes after posted but he never responded. I was checking my email all morning at work but didn’t realize he made another listing bumping the price. Cool to see where it ended up though lol.
Sorry to hear you missed it, I'm sending out good Cruiser wishes your way. I still keep looking at prices, just out of habit, so I'll post anything good I find in WA/OR in the future directly here.

I just paid $16,500 for a 2006 LX with 135,000 miles on it. Excellent condition and complete service history. Very minimal rust and drives great.

IMG_20200120_104200.jpg

IMG_20200120_104246.jpg

IMG_20200120_104254.jpg

IMG_20200120_104348.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a steal. Good for you!

Thanks. It had new Michelins put on about 3k miles ago and rotors/pads replaced about 7k ago, so that will save me a lot of money right there.

Still going to have it taken to a mechanic in town to have the driveshaft regreased. It has the infamous clunk, but from everything I've read, keeping it greased every 5k miles or so takes care of the issue.

Thanks. It had new Michelins put on about 3k miles ago and rotors/pads replaced about 7k ago, so that will save me a lot of money right there.

Still going to have it taken to a mechanic in town to have the driveshaft regreased. It has the infamous clunk, but from everything I've read, keeping it greased every 5k miles or so takes care of the issue.

My ‘06 has the same clunk. Those shafts seem to be forgotten or neglected on many vehicles. I’ve gone through and made a long checklist of things that I’m either doing myself or will have my local Land Cruiser shop do. This includes a complete baseline.

Now, my ‘06 is in excellent condition, but I want to keep it that way for a long time to come, hence my desire to get it back to base.

I’ve had to do things like replace the antenna (bent), replace tired hood and rear hatch struts, new cabin filters, etc. My valve covers were also hand loose. So check those! My AHC performs flawlessly. And while a behemoth, I love the 4.7 in this thing. It sounds great.

You’re already on the right road. And you started at a great price, so it’ll make it easy to put a little into it.

My ‘06 has the same clunk. Those shafts seem to be forgotten or neglected on many vehicles. I’ve gone through and made a long checklist of things that I’m either doing myself or will have my local Land Cruiser shop do. This includes a complete baseline.

Now, my ‘06 is in excellent condition, but I want to keep it that way for a long time to come, hence my desire to get it back to base.

I’ve had to do things like replace the antenna (bent), replace tired hood and rear hatch struts, new cabin filters, etc. My valve covers were also hand loose. So check those! My AHC performs flawlessly. And while a behemoth, I love the 4.7 in this thing. It sounds great.

You’re already on the right road. And you started at a great price, so it’ll make it easy to put a little into it.

I'm right there with you. We bought it for my wife to drive for a few years, then we'll likely put her in a 200 and keep the 470 as my own. This place has been a phenomenal resource. You mind sending me your checklist?

That is a great deal! Id love that checklist too if you would share. And if anyone knows how to turn off the audible beep when you remote lock/unlock I would love to know the trick.
Thanks-

Finally got to pick up a 100 series, been looking for a bit and found one locally on facebook market and thought I would share to contribute back to this thread that I've been lurking. I ended up purchasing a 98 LX470 with 204k miles in cashmere beige metallic(probably my least favorite color for that year). Very limited service records on carfax and PO said that the timing belt hasn't been done (looks like it's never been done), AHC removed and replaced with some "oespectrum" shocks. Underbody was clean as it was a Cali/NV truck. Posted for $5500 and got it for $4300, which to me seems like good deal; we will see after I get under the truck and do more digging. He had other people hitting him up but I was first to see it and glad I did as I'm sure someone would have outbid me.

I'm right there with you. We bought it for my wife to drive for a few years, then we'll likely put her in a 200 and keep the 470 as my own. This place has been a phenomenal resource. You mind sending me your checklist?

That is a great deal! Id love that checklist too if you would share. And if anyone knows how to turn off the audible beep when you remote lock/unlock I would love to know the trick.
Thanks-

I've been using these two threads as my guide:

Comprehensive Baselining List

Baseline 100 Series: Comprehensive List/Questions/Reccos

I like to leave "big" stuff to those that know better, although a lot of the things on those lists you can likely do even with limited or moderate ability. Until I get mine into the shop for the actual baseline, I've done:

• Fr/Rr Wipers
  • Cabin Filters
  • Blower Clean Out
  • Antenna Mast Replacement
  • Wheel Hub Cap Replacement (because mine was broken)
  • Rear Sound Knob (3D printed because one of mine was missing)
  • Weathertech Rubber Floor Mats front, middle, rear
There are also things like getting the blown sub fixed, addressing a couple squeaks, getting another key, adding Vaistech or similar, getting wireless headphones for the DVD players, etc.

A LOT of this stuff is super nitpicky, but I'm ok with that. My expectation is to keep this for a while.

Last edited:
I've been using these two threads as my guide:

Comprehensive Baselining List

Baseline 100 Series: Comprehensive List/Questions/Reccos

I like to leave "big" stuff to those that know better, although a lot of the things on those lists you can likely do even with limited or moderate ability. Until I get mine into the shop for the actual baseline, I've done:

• Fr/Rr Wipers
  • Cabin Filters
  • Blower Clean Out
  • Antenna Mast Replacement
  • Wheel Hub Cap Replacement (because mine was broken)
  • Rear Sound Knob (3D printed because one of mine was missing)
  • Weathertech Rubber Floor Mats front, middle, rear
There are also things like getting the blown sub fixed, addressing a couple squeaks, getting another key, adding Vaistech or similar, getting wireless headphones for the DVD players, etc.

A LOT of this stuff is super nitpicky, but I'm ok with that. My expectation is to keep this for a while.

Thanks man. FYI I don't think that first hyperlink is correct.

Thanks man. FYI I don't think that first hyperlink is correct.

HA! Yeah. I updated it.

Biggest things on my baseline list relate to AHC, oil, diffs, heating/cooling, and the drive shaft clunk. From there, it's just a matter of what my Mechanic sees that he thinks needs attention or may need attention in the future.

Not to me, maybe ~8 and ~9. Keep searching, you will eventually find a non-rust southern truck with impeccable service records that come in on a trade. I think those trucks are the best bargains because dealers have the most wiggle room and folks who trade in might be more inclined to service at the dealer too.

any tips on finding trade in vehicles? would this be at lexus/toyota dealerships?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom