More leg room? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw a post on SOR a few months back where someone had modified the front DS seat bracket to get a few more inches of legroom. Being 6'5", my shins kiss the dash even with the seat all the way back. Anyone have this post, or another mod idea? Pics would be great...
Thanks,
Bderks

I removed the foot rest that is left of the brake pedal. That helped. You can cut the bottom part of the gas pedal off the get a bit more room. I did this on the 60 but not on the 80 as my wife is 4'10" tall/short.
kurt

Why don't you just sit in the back seat? Because any further back you go with the drivers seat that's were you will end up!

I just need another 2 inches!
:slap:Wait...that sounds like the story of my life...

I'm also 6' 6" and I could also use more rake than the elec adjustment offers - lifting the front of the DS a bit higher than the rear.

get those photos up!
Heres to being taller than the average Japanese car designer.
Dave :beer:

Here Goes,
Basically I built a SHIM of sorts that raises the front of the seat 3/4" to allow the motor assembly to pass over the hump in the floor and allows the nut of the leadscrew that moves the chair back and forth to be repositioned 2" back. The rails need to be disassembled and 2 travel limit nubs within the rails need to be ground off to allow the rails that extra 2" travel.
This picture is that of the installed shim. I used button head screws to bolt the shim to the rail at the original lead screw position and also at the new leadscrew position. Button heads are slim in design and require no locking devices and perfect for this application. The front foot is bolted through the shim back into the rail. Basically this just shifts the chair on the rails and allows it to be bolted back to the floor in it's original position.
CAUTION: loosening the leadscrew nuts without clamping the leadscrew itself will strip the gearbox :'(.

Rick:
Do you have the dimensions available for these spacers? Looks perfect. Thanks, BigMac

The best I can do right now is to post some scans that if printed should be close enough to work from. The holes aren't that straight or the right size on the left side because I hand drilled them and the ones on the left eventually got tapped so the leadscrew nut would bolt to it instead using a nut and bolt through it.

This is the top with the forward end facing right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom