More Laughing for you guys - mini HAMON - Front Shocks - 2 - 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone around Raleigh this Saturday?

I need to change out the front shocks on YETI (white 2004 - may need a different truck name) and bluebird (blue 1999). I heard the rears are a complete pain and I will pay to have them installed on the back of bluebird. Local exxon charges $25 per shock to install.

I have never done shocks on my own. The FSM is very straight forward.

'04 FSM says to: 1. remove wheel 2. remove bottom bolt 3. remove top nut. "Installation is in the reverse order of removal."

There is no mention of torquing the bottom bolt or top nut with the wheel on the ground (or even on the vehicle for that matter).

Torque values: bottom bolt is 100 ft-lbs and top nut is 50 ft-lbs

Any tricks to this? I have the two jacks from the trucks.

Lift truck, remove wheel, use other jack to move lower control arm up so I can bolt in the shock x 4.

Highly recommend some jack stands. And a floor jack. Safety first especially when messing with stored energy like a spring.

Aren't the front shocks coil overs? Are you replacing the shock and springs one unit or you going to put new shocks on the existing Springs? what's your plan?

100 series is just torsion bars. Just plain shocks.

100 board said 1 banana job. I will grab some jack stands.

Sweet. That makes it really simple.
I'll be working on my Tundra this Saturday I have extra jack stands you're welcome to swing down to Fuquay for some backup assistance if you need. Have tools and some extra space in the driveway.

Spend the money and buy quality jack stands when you do buy them.

Spend the money and buy quality jack stands when you do buy them.

I have a number of different brands / sizes and the ones I reach for most are the big orange ones from HF.

image.jpeg

For any Land Cruiser, the bigger the jack stand, the better. The craftsman stands I use groan under the weight of the Cruiser.

If you name the rig Yeti, someone by the same name is allowed to come and drive it away!

I know this and the marketing company that makes coolers has really messed the name up.

This guy rides in the sun visor

IMG_3079.JPG

Rear shocks on a 100 are a bit of a pain. At trollholes we made a tool for them. We welded a socket to a wrench. The nut on top is too close to the floor to get a ratchet in place, and not in an easy spot to get an open end wrench on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom