MORE caster numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Needed to have the alignment checked on my '93 after replacing the tie rod with a BudBuilt unit and thought i would post some numbers with my mods.

First, the numbers after installing the lift (OME "J" springs and OME bushings) and ARB Bull Bar.
Caster
Left : 0.2
Right: 0.1

Now, the springs have settled and I have added an 8000 lb winch, sliders with side protection, and a HEAVY rear bumper/spare tire carrier with a 35" spare.
Left: 0.9
Right: 0.8

BTW, the hub to fender (no flares) measurement is 23" front, and 25" rear.

I know I am not in "spec" but the truck rides and drives fine, no problems with quick maneuvers.

I would like to add a spacer up front to level it out. Anyone know how much caster changes per inch of lift?
FZJ80 046 (Medium) (2).jpg

Now, the springs have settled and I have added an 8000 lb winch, sliders with side protection, and a HEAVY rear bumper/spare tire carrier with a 35" spare.
Left: 0.9
Right: 0.8

I would like to add a spacer up front to level it out. Anyone know how much caster changes per inch of lift?

+0.8,+0.9 is where I am with the ARB, Winch, and 850 OME's up front. Med OME rear. OEM rear bumper. Cargo are packed with Misc Stuff, including the 35" toyo spare.

caster changes about 1.74* per inch of change.

The equation I use to calculate need is:

(Hub/flare in Inches - 20.5) x 1.74.

So as the truck sits now that would be

(23 - 20.5) x 1.74 = 4.35

Since OME = 3* if you were to add another 1.35* (4.35 - OME) then you would be at 2.25* which is within spec.

It's not exact but in my opinion close enough since we only have so many options as far as caster choices to use.

Last edited:
Thanks LT, I was hoping you would chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom