******Monthly Meeting Wed July 30th 6pm******* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Told a guy drivin a blue FJ40 in Goose Creek that we are havin a meetin he said hes on here on the forum,

Isn't Shortbus 40 rig blue was it him?:doh:

One of us will probably be holding the extra (??) stickers.
We will keep the cards and stickers together

Thanks we weeling on the weekend or not? Haven't heard any addional information. Any who just PM or call and I'll pick up the stickers or ride whatever! have a great meeting. :beer::beer::clap:

still trying to work out details of location I am researching...awaiting word back from property owners. Hope to know by meeting but may be last minute on Thu or Fri before I find out.

I am not sure about Bronco Club or others that David was working...

Got the stickers form Greg yesterday. I'll see you guys wed. Looking forward to meeting those of you that I haven't already met.:)

Jeremy

sorry cant recall his name

I'll probably drive Scott's 40 since he will be coming straight from work :cheers:
Hope to see everyone there

Looks like I will be in the 80. I walked out this morning and discovered the 40's radiator puked everywhere. Ive got a serious leak. Looks like Ive gotta find a new one or somwhere to repair my old one.

used to always get radiator and ac issues repaired or replaced at EAGLE RADIATOR behind the old TOYS R US where the BEST BUY now is located. Always honest and up front with me....cant remember guys name that runs the place but only has one good eye and other is fake....so if he has it out...dont get caught staring..LOL

Great shop and guy though and for example took my old Jeep there one year for ac work...said it might be compressor going bad....I expected the worse. I pick it up and ask how much...they say $28 or something like that. I ask why so cheap. They told me they figured out that the last time it was service it was over filled and had too much pressure causing the safety valve to kick in...once they drained it and refilled it the thing worked great. They could have easily charged me for compressor or more costly work and I would never have known different as long as air worked.

stand up guy......and dont find many around here like that in automotive repair industry other than Geralds, Frankies, and Eagle Radiator.....

I used to deal w/ Eagle alot when I was turning wrenches. X2 on a good reliable shop.
Steven, we have an old rad out of Scotts 40, I think it had a pinhole leak so we just swapped for the '79.
It's yours if you want it. :idea::idea:I remember, the top seam was leaking. just needs to be re-soldered.:doh:

Scott is working with N. Charleston Police Dept. Started 2 weeks ago.

I used to deal w/ Eagle alot when I was turning wrenches. X2 on a good reliable shop.
Steven, we have an old rad out of Scotts 40, I think it had a pinhole leak so we just swapped for the '79.
It's yours if you want it. :idea::idea:I remember, the top seam was leaking. just needs to be re-soldered.:doh:

If I get mine yanked out this weekend and ran over to the radiator shop and they say its not repairable or not worth fixing I may take you up on that offer. Thank you!

Here is where I bought mine. They were great to work with. The heavy duty is a 4 row, the other is like the stock one. 3 row.

Radiators, automotive radiators, condenser, oem radiators, truck radiators

Now is a good time to replace the hoses, check the thermostat, and replace those seals as well. Make sure you use Toyota "red" coolant.

Jeremy

If repairing is expensive I will probably go with one from here. I have read a lot of good things about those guys.

Now I just have to find the Toyota coolant not premixed. I hate that its now 50/50 and still the same price. Now you have to buy 2x as many jugs.

We had 7 or 8 attendees with some new faces....pouring ass rain...flooding...traffic was terrible...but ended up with a complete restoration FJ40 (sweet as hell), FJ60, FJ80, FJ120(Cruiser) and a couple others I did not see as it was pouring when they arrived and they had to leave before I did.

Gave out stickers....business cards...talked about Shrimp Boil in Oct....and possible trail ride this weekend...or mud ride :). Talked about next meeting location....good meeting.

I am not sure....I think they were all contacts we already had....one guy with the sweet FJ40 restoration may be exception. Slowly but surely...

We need to get the guys around Beaufort involved....I know there is the Beaufort60 guy and another that hangs on blue forum I am getting up here Saturday for the mud ride......so hopefully we can get more members there and at beach to have a good coastal representation.

Who had the FJ40 resto? Did it show up after I left? If so maybe it was Keith's baby blue cruiser, which is definately sweet.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom