MOLDED FLOOR MATS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.fj40dash.com
I didn't want to hijack a thread but I was on here posting about the project of fzj80 E-locker axles under a 40 saw a thread about floor mats, so I thought I would start a new one.

Is there much interest in a molded floor mats for an FJ40? Rather than have Toyota molded in it how about FJ40? Or Landcruiser?

We mold swim deck mats for boat companies and I saw this thread about floor mats and thought about maybe making a tool to mold mats for the fj40's? Never really thought about it before until I saw this thread. Here's a couple of pictures of one of the products what we presently manufacture. (Keep in mind this mat is almost 8 ft. x 4 ft.) I don't don't know if the nubs as pictured would be a good idea or just straight lines along the long axis. Would be real interested in your thoughts. I'm thinking a 70 Shore A hardness approx. 3/8" thick.
20140729_203233.jpeg
20140729_203216.jpeg

Let me know your thoughts. Good or bad we have thick skin. Keep in mind the reason the 1st mat looks wavy is because it's sitting on a table with about 20 other different mats below it.

Id be in. There is a need out there as you can see on the other thread

any ideas on approx. price point?

could you reproduce the OEM mats? too difficult?

a molded mat would be cool....... no .com this time please! ;)

I've never seen an OEM mat.

Definitely would be able to handle the heat.

Price point? I don't know yet. The big question is how many would I sell. Not a lot of 40 ' s out there. Tooling will not be cheap. Would need to take some measurements.

Somebody shoot a picture of OEM mat would be much appreciated.

Breathe? What do you mean?

Kind of like the idea of OEM. But maybe say fj40 because you never see the words FJ40 on anything toyota put out.

If I made it 1/4 inch thick it would reduce price.

I'm not sure about copyright laws, but the TEQ logo would cool. I'd probably prefer dark gray.

There would be no .com on it.......just saw that post......man you guys won't cut me any slack on that will you?

Right now if we did it would be available in dark Grey [charcoal] or the lighter white in the previous picture. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the dark Grey tomorrow.

I'd probably prefer an oem like mat. I'd also take one that says land cruiser. The least one I'd prefer it to say is fj40 because its not as oem like. But id probably still buy it if it was the only option.... Unless it was a url address. Haha sorry couldnt resist.

the problem with reproducing the OEM mat is that it is 3 dimensional isnt it? because of going over the tranny hump. 1/4" is probably fine, shore a 70 is plenty, same as a car tire. go with one color to cut cost if it does. a very dark grey or black. if you want sizing for 2-piece set, order a pair from cruisercorps. 1 piece OEM for 250 or less and i think you could sell out. and start reproducing the inner transfer boot too. they want 100-200 for NOS OEM on ebay

I would be interested in one and maybe two sets for a '77 & '74 and the rear mats as well. Dark grey is a natural choice for me. I think the FJ40 embossed on the mat would be OK.

You won't go wrong making them look close to stock, I've seen aftermarket ones are ridiculously priced ($200 +) unfortunately that's outa my price range. Good luck I'm interested for the rite price!

save some money and hassle and trim below the line to make it universal for all years i think:
1406692422560.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom