Moab Fun... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in Moab over the weekend. Yesterday was perfect. Good weather and not a lot of trucks on the trails.

Following was part of the fun...

Moab_fun.jpg
Moab_fun.jpg

:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Have fun:cheers:

I'm making up for not having my lockers ready for Cruise Moab...

Wish you were all here :D:D...

Moab in October, how nice...I don't think I'll have another chance until Apr/May CM event. I'll not be able to do any wheeling for a while - hopefully by T-Giving, but thats doubtful.

I really want to know how freaky Moab Rim is; Cruise Moab routinely cancels it with rain, and I have heard some K5 guys spilling their guts :eek: so, what is it like for a cruiser :confused:

I really want to know how freaky Moab Rim is; Cruise Moab routinely cancels it with rain, and I have heard some K5 guys spilling their guts :eek: so, what is it like for a cruiser :confused:

Funny you should ask...Let me paint you a picture...

As we went up a group of jeeps and buggies were coming down. All of them looked on me with pity, as if to say "It was nice knowing you."

For those who don't know the trail it runs along the Colorado and is rated a 4. I'm convinced it is rated a 4 due to the exposure you feel as you go up the trail. The first two thirds of the trail you are never more than a few feet from a cliff and the trail slopes towards the precipice.

On my way up I had issues climbing the last steep ledge. Though I was locked front and rear I had to make several attempts. I wanted off the obstacle but my trail mates kindly suggested I pull up my panties and finish the trail. I had good spotting and made it.

Going down was more fun than going up as you can see from the video.

We ended up having to wait for the group of Jeeps. Seems one of the Jeeps took the wrong line on the obstacle in my video. He went further to the right and his passenger tire fell into the V. There were some tense moments where he no doubt $hit his pants and had to be pulled out.

Like most things in life once you find the right line you aren't afraid to take it again. I'd do the trail again in a New York minute. If you do attempt it I suggest a lift, lockers, 35's, and expect to feel butterflies in the stomach. Oh...and I wouldn't do it during the rain either...;)

I'll try to post more pix tomorrow.

Last edited:
Funny you should ask...Let me paint you a picture...

As we went up a group of jeeps and buggies were coming down. All of them looked on me with pity, as if to say "It was nice knowing you."

For those who don't know the trail it runs along the Colorado and is rated a 4. I'm convinced it is rated a 4 due to the exposure you feel as you go up the trail. The first two thirds of the trail you are never more than a few feet from a cliff and the trail slopes towards the precipice.

On my way up I had issues climbing the last steep ledge. Though I was locked front and rear I had to make several attempts. I wanted off the obstacle but my trail mates kindly suggested I pull up my panties and finish the trail. I had good spotting and made it.

Going down was more fun than going up as you can see from the video.

We ended up having to wait for the group of Jeeps. Seems one of the Jeeps took the wrong line on the obstacle in my video. He went further to the right and his passenger tire fell into the V. There were some tense moments where he no doubt $hit his pants and had to be pulled out.

Like most things in life once you find the right line you aren't afraid to take it again. I'd do the trail again in a New York minute. If you do attempt it I suggest a lift, lockers, 35's, and expect to feel butterflies in the stomach. Oh...and I wouldn't do it during the rain either...;)

I'll try to post more pix tomorrow.

Tomorrow has come and gone....were are the pics

Nice video BTW

Thanks Phil...my web server is on the mend. I spent some time on it this morning. If I can't get it worked out soon I'll up load to an image service...

BTW...we missed you at the meet...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom