Moab/Canyonlands trip for June (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice. More reasons to go back.

Would love to do White Rim Trail. I know it's not a very rough trail, there have been guys that have done it in trucks like mine with their pop-up cabovers, but the fact that it is so remote and limited, would make it really cool.

Jack

I'm planning on dragging the family through the White Rim this fall I'm thinking.

Very nice. More reasons to go back.

Would love to do White Rim Trail. I know it's not a very rough trail, there have been guys that have done it in trucks like mine with their pop-up cabovers, but the fact that it is so remote and limited, would make it really cool.

Jack

I picked up some info on how you sign up. It sounds like you need reservations to do the trail.

I picked up some info on how you sign up. It sounds like you need reservations to do the trail.

Yup you do need reservations. Will I get one? Depends, if their avail window matches up with mine. The res is mostly for the camping spots anyway. Having a trailer makes it easy to plop down just about anywhere.

Yup you do need reservations. Will I get one? Depends, if their avail window matches up with mine. The res is mostly for the camping spots anyway. Having a trailer makes it easy to plop down just about anywhere.
That was what I got but I hadn't read through it enough to be sure.

Unless camping is restricted to campgrounds we would rather just find a place we like to stop.

FWIW: The book I just received (Backcountry Adventures, Utah: By Peter Massey and Jeanne Wilson) Amazon.com: Backcountry Adventures Utah: The Ultimate Guide to the Utah Backcountry for Anyone with a Sport Utility Vehicle (Backcountry Adventures): Peter Massey, Jeanne Wilson: Books

states one needs a permit to either camp in the campsites OR to be on the trail more than one day...

Just received this book today...so far I am VERY impressed with it!

I have the first book you mentioned and that is how we found the Butler wash ruins...really good book I have to say.

I have the first book you mentioned and that is how we found the Butler wash ruins...really good book I have to say.

They, as you probably know, have a similar book on Arizona trails.