Moab/Canyonlands trip for June (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's it! Where are all the pics? C'mon guys. Give the homeboys (As in boys that stayed home) something to be jealous of.

This should have been the first thing you guys did upon returning home.:rolleyes:

No s***! X2million :D

That's it! Where are all the pics? C'mon guys. Give the homeboys (As in boys that stayed home) something to be jealous of.

This should have been the first thing you guys did upon returning home.:rolleyes:

The effing grass was knee deep in our yard when we got home. Combine that with torrential rain our last night in camp. :rolleyes:
I just got the yard and camping gear squared away.

Between recovering from the 14 and a half hour drive and cleaning and putting gear away, I haven't even down loaded my pictures from my camera yet. Now I have to start my next trip back.:D

Between recovering from the 14 and a half hour drive and cleaning and putting gear away, I haven't even down loaded my pictures from my camera yet. Now I have to start my next trip back.:D

PU$$Y!!!!:flipoff2:
PIIIIICS!!!!!!
WE WANT PICS!
You guyz are KILLING ME!

:popcorn:

K

Very cool pics!
Was that fog?
I gotta go when the kids are bigger.

YOU FINALLY SAW SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!

Great pics. Looks like you had the place to yourselves. And ditto: Fog?!

Yeah, there was a storm that moved in the night before.

We did have the place to ourselves, we were running entire trails and not seeing anyone else, it was really cool. I have been there before during Easter Jeep Safari and the trails turn into parking lots.

We couldn't believe it when we saw it. She was anxious and not sure what to do about us, but luckily, Shawn and I were able to get pics.

Jack

Here are some of the pictures I took. I ended up taking mostly scenic photos. We all seemed to make good time and there wasn't much time to take wheeling pics.

The whole trip was awesome!!! We saw two motorcycles on Golden Spike and that was it for traffic on the trails. Wheeling the last day on Metal Masher in the rain was a blast. It changed how the desert looked completely. The only thing I regret is I didn't bring my camera that day. I didn't want to chance it getting soaked in my cruiser.

Picasa Web Albums - Shawn - Moab '08

Here are some of the pictures I took. I ended up taking mostly scenic photos. We all seemed to make good time and there wasn't much time to take wheeling pics.

The whole trip was awesome!!! We saw two motorcycles on Golden Spike and that was it for traffic on the trails. Wheeling the last day on Metal Masher in the rain was a blast. It changed how the desert looked completely. The only thing I regret is I didn't bring my camera that day. I didn't want to chance it getting soaked in my cruiser.

Picasa Web Albums - Shawn - Moab '08

Nice!

Dan: How'd the hundy do? Did you scrape bumpers or not?

Dan: How'd the hundy do? Did you scrape bumpers or not?
Just kissed the drivers corner, it'll buff right out. :lol:

I wacked the PS corner pretty good but that had already been damaged by the PO.

It might be time to give Luke a call.

HOT DAMN that looks like a BLAST!
What awesome scenery! God I wish that I could have made that...
Im so frickin jealous right now...
So that crevase...looks like a "pucker" obstacle...does it look worse than it is?

Jack, were you draggin the bumper at all?

Im glad that you guyz had a great time!

Im in on the next one!

K

The crack on Golden Spike looks alot worse than it really is. It gets your attention and it looks really wild, but there isn't anything to fall into and your not looking down a ledge at some long drop. It was a ton of fun. Jack's 80 did great. He rubbed his rear in a couple of spots but that was all. Around there the majority of the obsticals are ledges. It's all about approach and deparcher angles. Then it's wheel base, the longer the better. I had a harder time with climing the ledges than Jack. One this is for sure, you get alot of practice near vertical, either up or down. Moab is wirth the head ache getting there.:hillbilly:

The crack on Golden Spike looks alot worse than it really is. It gets your attention and it looks really wild, but there isn't anything to fall into and your not looking down a ledge at some long drop. It was a ton of fun. Jack's 80 did great. He rubbed his rear in a couple of spots but that was all. Around there the majority of the obsticals are ledges. It's all about approach and deparcher angles. Then it's wheel base, the longer the better. I had a harder time with climing the ledges than Jack. One this is for sure, you get alot of practice near vertical, either up or down. Moab is wirth the head ache getting there.:hillbilly:

I agree with Shawn.

And yes it's worth it, that's why I have been there three times.;)

Jack

I agree with Shawn.

And yes it's worth it, that's why I have been there three times.;)

Jack

Based on our trips to Arches and Canyonlands it would be worth it just for that.

The White Rim Trail looked like a fun adventure, 110 miles of dirt road through the heart of Canyon Lands.

The White Rim Trail looked like a fun adventure, 110 miles of dirt road through the heart of Canyon Lands.

I agree.

I would love to do either the white rim or anything through the maze. There are just so many places to explore.

I think both areas (white rim/maze) require permits.

Jack

I agree.

I would love to do either the white rim or anything through the maze. There are just so many places to explore.

I think both areas (white rim/maze) require permits.

Jack

I picked up info on making reservations. :grinpimp:

Don't know if we'll be able to drive any of this trail but while researching for interesting places to go after Hurricane Lake I found this trail (see post 5 on the link):

Utah Expedition Forum - Expedition Portal Forums

It traverses some great looking country!