Moab Blazer Bash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Michael & Claudia invited us to crash blazer bash, Brother Rob and I took them up on it. Today the weather forecast called for rain, so we picked a relatively easy trail, Top of the World & Killer Viewpoint. It turned out to have enough challenge to make it fun and great views to boot! From Killer Viewpoint it's about 3500' down to the valley floor, impossible to capture with a camera.

The FJC trail teams, TTORA and a big FJC group are also here.
10-5-2006_1.jpg
10-5-2006_2.jpg
10-5-2006_3.jpg

Sweet kevin...have a little fun for me!!!

Beee-oootiful! Wish we were there...

It's pouring in South Pheonix right now, but the only wheeling is through the idiots on the roads..

I got to Moab today...rain fell hard an hour out of Flag to Moab. More rain than I have seen in a while. It was cool seeing waterfalls everywhere. Haven't seen Kevin yet but hope to soon. See if he has a head lamp for me :)

I got to Moab today...rain fell hard an hour out of Flag to Moab. More rain than I have seen in a while. It was cool seeing waterfalls everywhere. Haven't seen Kevin yet but hope to soon. See if he has a head lamp for me :)

This post is worthless without pics:flipoff2:

And grab me a headlight also:D

Today was very wet, rained HARD almost all day, so we went wheeling! A couple of blazers, Claudia, Rob and I ran Porcupine Rim then one loop of Fins and Things. We were high on the side of a canyon when one of the big storms rolled in, I got out of the truck and heard waterfalls crashing down all around, but do to being in the clouds/fog and absolutely pouring rain could only see about 25', cool and spooky at the same time!:eek: :D
10-6-2006_1.jpg
10-6-2006_2.jpg
10-6-2006_3.jpg

One of the blazers with us was a blown duel quad mud bog monster.:eek: It was his first time to Moab and first time on a trail, needless to say well outside of my spotting comfort zone!:whoops: He had a blast and made it without drama or carnage, lets just say that fine throttle control was not one of his strong points!:D

A couple of shots of Rob on Fins, the point of this exercise was to test traction for launch pad on Spike tomorrow. We found that slick rock is just about as grippy wet as dry, had great control on it! The big berm turns on the sand flats between rocks were completely full of water, the best way to make it through was to start into them and nail the skinny peddle! One side was in 2.5'+ and the other maybe a foot of water, the drag from the deep side pulled you around the turn and the big sand walls worked like a hot wheels track guiding the truck, so you didn't need to see. Had a blast launching tons of water into the air!:D
10-6-2006_4.jpg
10-6-2006_5.jpg
10-6-2006_6.jpg

Picture taking was impossible most of the day, here are a couple of waterfalls. The first one is draining Hells, just north of Lions Back. The other is the little dam below Potato Salad, notice how high the spray is launched after the falls, very noisy!

On one side it's a bummer to miss some of the views that Moab is famous for, on the other hand it's cool to see this side of Moab and it adds a whole other dimension/challenge to the trails!:cool:
10-6-2006_7.jpg
10-6-2006_8.jpg

Awesome stuff! Thanx for the pics and already planning for CM07!

Last edited:
Awesome stuff! Thanx for the pics and already planning for CMB07!

Me too, can't wait to come back! Robbie (powderpig) said that Rising Sun made a deal with Slick Rock Camp Grounds and has reserved the whole place for CM07.

Some people never learn, this is from the same rock, the same obstacle on Spike that bent it in may!:whoops: :eek: :D
10-7-2006_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom