Moab Blazer Bash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very well, here goes:
Top of the World trail: First Kevin, then Claudia on the climb to the Killer Overlook, and then the view out towards the Colorado river valley.

Last edited:
No pics from Hell's Revenge due to pouring rain, but here are some from the 'Spike Marathon' :cool:: Rob out from the first V with the Behind the Rocks formation across the river as backdrop; Rob and Claudia coming up Launchpad

Last edited:
Continuing as my alter ego due to lack of attachment space ;) :
Rob coming down Skyline Drive, and then Kevin wowing the crowd by walking the LX across the Golden Crack, just barely touching in the rear...
DSC02359.JPG
DSC02373.JPG
DSC02374.JPG

That's all from Spike due to darkness and some more breakage...

Next day was SevenMile Rim and WipeOut Hill: first Uranium Arch (I'm going to bring an old Geiger counter from the lab next time in Moab...), Toyota support for the lone K5, and the view down from the rim into Sevenmile Canyon with Hwy 313.
DSC02389.JPG
DSC02397.JPG
DSC02402.JPG

We had lunch at the bottom of Monitor Butte. From certain angles, the Buttes look like ships, and they are indeed named after Civil War battleships.

First the K5 dropping down a ledge, ascending to the offcamber section at the base of Merrimac Butte, and descending WipeOut Hill. Thanks to Kevin for excellent spotting!
DSC02415.JPG
DSC02426.JPG
DSC02482.JPG

Last edited:
Kevin in the LX coming down the ledge, driving up the hill, and turning downhill from the offcamber part.
DSC02436.JPG
DSC02439.JPG
DSC02442.JPG

Kevin on the first and second drop of WipeOut Hill, and then Rob navigating the first drop.
DSC02488.JPG
DSC02496.JPG
DSC02505.JPG

Too bad this was it for Moab, but we had a great time on the backroads of southeastern Utah: first a view in Valley of the Gods, then a look down the Moki Dugway, and finally a tiny picture from one of the 'Goosenecks' of the San Juan river. After that, it was air and fuel in Mexican Hat, great food at the Cameron Trading Post, some more fuel (hey, it's a K5 after all :cool: ) and coffee in Flagstaff (where we lost Brittan who was looking at an '85 Toyota), and a final break to say our goodbyes at Sunset Point. Great 'wheeling in great company in a fabulous land, we all can't wait to go at it again - Cheers, Michael and Claudia
DSC02551.JPG
DSC02584.JPG
DSC02610.JPG

Good to hear you all made it home safe and sound. I never did find the 85 Truck. It must be in the parallel universe by now.
I had a great time traveling with the group. When you are in front of Claudia look out if she is coming up hill and wants to keep her RPM's up...she will run your ass over.:princess:
The views were great and seeing the 79 LC was fun too. Can't wait to get my LC up on those trails. The Taco did fine and I am always impressed with our rigs. Southern Utah is on my list to visit again, both sides of 89.
My favorite shot is this one...Kevin trying to get the perfect poser shot...
Kevens-head.jpg
Kevens-head.jpg

My favorite shot is this one...Kevin trying to get the perfect poser shot...

I wasn't the only one "gettin the shott"!:D
10-10-2006_1.jpg

Last edited:
...The views were great and seeing the 79 LC was fun too. Can't wait to get my LC up on those trails. The Taco did fine and I am always impressed with our rigs. Southern Utah is on my list to visit again, both sides of 89.
View attachment 97533

Cruise Moab is May 2-5, I am thinking about leaving on Saturday or Sunday and spending a few days touring on the way?

Karen and I have discussed the same plan:idea: . I told her to take 10 days to 2 weeks vacation from 4/30 on. Everyones pics have been a great selling point on this:cheers:

Thanks!

Damn those pics look awesome. I hope we can go next year.

It would be cool if a bunch of CSC members went to Cruise Moab in May, Moab is an amusement park for wheelers!:cool:

It would be cool if a bunch of CSC members went to Cruise Moab in May, Moab is an amusement park for wheelers!:cool:

And so it shall be...lets plan it out as a club event. Rising Sun is the sponsor club aren't they?

And so it shall be...lets plan it out as a club event. Rising Sun is the sponsor club aren't they?

Yes they are, Cruise Moab is big fun.:cool: Cruiser heads come from all over the place, making it a good time to put faces with mud names.

The rumor last week from some Rising Sun members is that they have rented Scumrock camp ground as HQ. I won't be staying there, we liked the Landmark Inn that we stayed at this time.

I've wheeled with you before, Kevin. I'm inclined to agree with Claudia. :)

Kevin's speedo is off a little bit because he is running bigger tires with stock gears :)

Thank's for the support guys, for that I will have to post more pix!:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom