MLK weekend Tellico run........ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sup keisur...nice lookin 4runner bud

would be awesome if you came up and joined us
(read: i wouldn't mind ridin in a truck with an interior...ha ha)

got some more work done on my junk these last couple days...but nothin to be proud of, ha ha

y'all have a good one,
malphrus

Yeah make sure you join up for sure.................. Nice Runner, if we could just convince my roomate to do that with his 4-runner we would have a yard full of badass yotas..................

Seiously keisur, bring that thing up to tellico we will make sure it gets some nice body damage:)................

I finally got my new engine and tranny back in my 40......................that thing purrrrrrssssssssssssss and shifts so smooth now, I can't wait to beat the hell out of it up at tellico........Gehn you gonna have the 60 all armored up and riding on some bigger meats?????

hoping to, looking to cob up some sliders before xmas. I also need to get those wheels widened, I don't know if they will be done in time though.....we'll see. I may end up just getting some cheap 16x8 steel wheels for now. Oh yeah, and a 1" shackle lift would be nice....

gcongrats bro, glad to hear your motor and tranny came together, you gotta tell me how it went somtime. What did you end up replacing?

Thanks for the compliments.
I'll make it a point. if you guys ever go on short local runs let me know, email me or something. I may be flying to Houston that week for a pro/e class and to see the wife but if the company won't pay for the class and the flight then I'll be able to make the Tellico run. just need to pick up an extra cv assembly in case I bust one.

Welcome aboard keisur

Speaking of local runs......
The year end Muster Grounds run is fast approaching.
It's easy wheeling so even us old timers can go. ;)
Right now I'm thinking about Jan 2nd, which is a Sunday.
Breakfast at Aunt Sue's followed by a day run and lunch
in the woods.
What say yee?
Hey keisur, send me an e-mail to <dharri53@bellsouth.net>
and I'll add you to the club notification list.
David

done.

I may or may not make the Jan. 2 run. Our plant is shutdown then and all us engineers have to work through the holidays for installs and what-not. But seeing as how that's sunday, I may just "be sick." still we get double time on weekends and holidays worked, hehe, more mod money. I need a rear bumper and rack for the oversized spare so... oh and a GPS would be nice too, if anybodies feeling overly generous this Christmas season.

David, that snow you have been looking for is coming this sunday, you going to run the muster grounds??????? Looks like a good storm coming, wish I was still In town I love the snow........I will mostly likely be able to attend the Jan. 2nd run hope it is cold and snowing like crazy then.....

Social obligations prevent any fun this weekend. :-(
I may can talk quests into a "quest for snow".
I'm crossing my fingers for "bad" weather the weekend
of New Years. Frozen mud is fun!
Man, Tellico in Jan should be trippy. :)
I've been there in Oct and it was no picnic at night.
I have one word for you brave souls: LAYERS

well my cruiser was covered by about 1mm of ice this morning :) got to use an old CD case to scrap it off so I could drive to work, it was the high light of my morning..................yeah I am holding out on real snow, hopefully it will be here this weekend

and Gehn you are a lucky bastard I have always wanted a white x-mas, and I bet you rarely have one that isn't................Merry Christmas hope santa brings lots o' cruiser goodies...........

bout to tear off the tranny hump and get crackin on my tcase...just means the cruiser will be down for a while...hopefully not too long

malphrus
(i'll post up pics if i get to it this weekend)

How long is she gonna be down for malphrus? I just had a little setback as far as mine goes I found out the gas tank looks like swiss cheese once all the crap got cleaned out so I have to find another one now.

I'm looking forward to the trip. Iim sure my list of things to do prior to the trip is no longer than anyone else here, but here goes:

Fix exhaust ( open header on pass side)
finish fab and install skid plate (can you say beefy) 1/4" plate
install MetalTech cage kit (christmas present)
make and install rocker sliders
misc cleaning and painting...

Nothing to major, but the cage may take a few days so i hope it gets here soon.

Last edited:
Mine's just maintenance now since I pulled the rear 3rd during thanksgiving to replace orings and a seal in the ARB.

Oil change
Fuel filter change
and cooling system flush and fill if I can get around to it.
need to get me a power bleeder to replace the brake system fluid, it's looking nasty.

so my stuff's minor crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom