ML Speaker/Sub Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am wanting to replace my sub and speakers with my ML system. I have read that they have different ohms than most? What should I purchase, and will the new speakers need to be wired in in a unique way?

The amp is working great and I have already updated the head unit.

Thanks guys

The sub will need to be 8 ohms or above - a couple choices are Skar and Dayton Audio. I have tried the Dayton and it's a good speaker:

Much more difficult. You have the odd impedance 3 way system in the front, as well as the full range 6.5" speakers in the doors.

It would be easier (since you have a new head unit) to replace the ML amp and the speakers, however you will lose your volume knob and only have steering wheel and head unit volume adjustment. However that's going to be pricey.

I have replaced the ML front end (Nav screen) with a T'eyes CC3 - and that together with the existing ML amp and speakers has given me a really high quality audio system. One of my speakers is a touch "rattly", so I'm going to go down the re-foam route, and at the same time put some Dynamat in the front doors.

Much cheaper than new amp and speakers!

Simply Speakers LX470 kit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom