2000 LX470 Speaker Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok....I give up. After reading I bought 6.5" speakers....don't fit. Bought 5.25" because that's what size I measured.....get them, won't fit.

So....after pissing a bunch of money away what replacement speakers will work with the Oem Nakamichi stereo/speakers?

Yo, I'll be following you down this left-hand path soon, my 6.5s arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know when I get time to dig into it.

I put 6.5" Focal speakers in the front of my LC but had to build out a plate to get them to fit in the stock location. You'll likely have to do the same.

I put 6.5" Focal speakers in the front of my LC but had to build out a plate to get them to fit in the stock location. You'll likely have to do the same.
Got any pics? Interested to see what I'll have to fab up.

Let me see if I can find one or two . . . give me a couple days.

I just went on crutchfield, spoke to one of their reps and told them what I was looking for. They sent me links to everything and I ordered it. As for the subwoofer, I used one of those repair kits and it worked great. I went from nasty sounding, muffled, cracking bass to clarity with about $240 total invested. Actually I think it's less than that..

+1 for crutchfield. They had a vehicle fitment thing that I used and I installed these JL speakers without issue. 5.25”.

I copied others and got the $13 subwoofer off Amazon. better than what was there as all my speakers were blown when I bought the car.

If you want the best sound for cheap purchase a speaker repair kit from ebay or amazon and just repair all of the factory speakers. This way you don't have to worry about the fit and everything is kept stock. The stock system sounds pretty good when everything is working correctly. I think you can still get the kit's for around $25.

Got any pics? Interested to see what I'll have to fab up.

Ok, here's the rear DS door speaker. You'll need to do something similar up front depending on the depth of your speaker.

Focal-speaker.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom